New to the Family Tree Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Family Tree Forums

Hi I am looking into my Family History and this is my first time on the family tree forum.
    I would like to ask if this is free to use?

I would like know more about Jon Ivarsson Raud link in my family tree and I have my family tree if anyone is interested?

Many thanks

From Louise

Hi Louise and welcome to the Forum

Our site is completely free. Have a good look round as we have a variety of resources as well as lots of members just looking for challenge.

If you have any specific queries please post them in our Family History Research forum. http://www.familytreeforum.com/forum...story-Research Our only restriction is that we do not allow the names of living persons to be posted.

Also you may like to explore our Gedcom database. you can search by name or place and you may find family contacts that way http://www.familytreeforum.com/ged_index.php

When you need a break come and join in on the general forum. We are a freindly bunch.
    Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 17-02-12, 22:57.
    Barbara

Comment

Hello Louise,
      Welcome to Family Tree Forum. When you want to know about a family member it's very helpful to 'post' what you know i.e. date of birth, where born and parental details if available.
      On the basis that there is nothing better than finding the information for yourself, there are many free sites to begin with such as 'freeBMD.org' and 'familysearch.org.'......but the Researchers here are brilliant and dying to help.

Comment

|Good morning and welcome - lovely , friendly bunch on here - someone always willing to help x x
        Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

Hi, welcome to the site. Let us know how we can help - that's what we're here for.

Margaret

Comment

Welcome to the boards.
            Have you any dates, place for the Jon you are looking for ?

Jan x

It would appear that this family originated in Norway.
            Last edited by Janet H.; 18-02-12, 19:23.

Comment

Have you tried doing a google search on the name - it throws up some findings going back to 1110 !!

Margaret

Comment

Hi thankyou that is great. I don't have specific dates of Jon but I do have others I do have some documents that I could post on here.
                There are names such as Jon Haftthorsson 1302 thats the only date I have for him. Roos Lennart 1655 - 1711 I have a lot more but I would rather upload the document.
                Any help would be appreciated, I will start uploading and showing you more this week.
                Thanks

Comment

My family tree.jpgHere is a document with the names on like I said I am a beginner in family history but I am interested to find out more.

Comment

Unfortunately the image comes up too small to see and enlarging it makes it unreadable.

You could maybe use photobucket which many do on here and that will help us see better. Go here http://photobucket.com/ and upload your jpg then once it's on there open it and copy the address which you then post on here as a link.

Margaret

Comment

Hi I don't use photobucket but I can write here some of the names and dates that I can see.
                      Roos Carl Gustav 1694 - 1741 Roos Carl Christian 1720 - 1754.

I think I will start creating a Gedcom file and then I can upload that on here it might take a while though but it might be a better idea.

Thanks

Comment

Even if you put up a gedcom that will not show us a tree for your family it will just allow others who are searching on your names to see you have them and be able to make contact, the names in your file are just added to an alphabetical index with your contact details attached.

This section of the forum s for specific questions about research that others may be able to help you with. You need to tell us what you are looking for and then maybe we can help.

If you want to put a tree on the internet you could try ancestry, genes reunited and tribal pages - they are all places where the whole tree can be seen and anyone who has the same name(s) can see who to contact.

Margaret

Comment

Can anyone explain to me what Hjelmaster is? I get the feeling it is a house or a big house as it says in my family tree I am uncertain of what it means.
                          Any help much appreciated
                          Thanks

Comment

After googling the name it shows a mesage you left on another site and it associates the name with Roos.
                            on googling the name it shows also that one is the name of a duo who did research on two types of acidic paper and there is a lot to be found on Roos and Hjelmaster.
                            Also you can find stuff on Rootsweb but not followed the links myself.

Edna

Comment

Hi Enda thankyou for that, I don't really understand what you mean? I did go on rootsweb and think I am still ont there but did not find them very helpful at all.
                              I like this forum.
                              I plan on doing more research it also mentions an Ervalla branch so there is a lot to look into.
                              Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X