1940 US Census coming.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 US Census coming.........

On April 2, 1940, there were 132,164,569 people living in America. And today, 87 percent of Americans can find a direct family link to one – or more – of them.

When the 1940 U.S. Federal Census is opened to the public this April, you’ll have a window into every one of those 132 million lives. Their names, where they lived, who shared their house, even where they were five years earlier.
    And that’s just for starters.

April 02, 2012
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Yes - I'm certainly watching the FMP count-down on their initial page. It's another opportunity to track info on my Errant Grandfather - or, I should say, the person whose tree I have tracked back in England, and who has attributes extremely similar to my E.G.!

I see that FamilySearch is recruiting for transcribers to leap to the task as soon as the images become available (unless I have misunderstood, and they already have access, which would mean that volunteer transcribers get access ahead of the date).

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 18-02-12, 12:00.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

that is interesting Christine, I do need to log back in to Familysearch and check out whats on offer.
      Julie

Comment

I know this subject has been done to death....but if only ............

Comment

This is the link:

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

oooh thanks Christine.. indexing/transcribing is SO easy and it certainly WILL make a difference to the Family Historians that spend endless hours submitting corrections to various sites to improve their records, at least this way it should get transcribed right to begin with, so more people will get the correct results.
            Julie

Comment

I believe the April date is when NARA releases the images (for purchase, of course). Then the race begins to transcribe faster than commercial operations!

Comment

Working...
              X