British Newspaper Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Newspaper Archive

I have 400 credits remaining on British Newspaper Archive that expire on Sunday.

If anyone would like me to search for anything for them over the next day or so please don't hesitate to ask...

I can't foresee me using them all...

Beth
    Last edited by FamilyHistoryStories; 17-02-12, 18:30.

wonder if it would be possible to look for a Funeral notice of a Mrs Sabina Eldridge in either Dec 1939 or Jan 1940 either around Waterloo or Hounslow area ? I do have the death notice in the Times Thanks .

Comment

Beth

Thank you for your kind offer.

I have a death/burial in Allahabad, Bengal, India, of Jane Wilson, Lloyd 1st September 1878 born 1838 Scotland died age 30 and can not find anything other than Familysearch, and no reson for her death, her Husband Edward T Lloyd died about 1884/5 in India leaving the children Orphans.
      Other than they worked on Railways in India I can only find baptism of my Grandfather in 1872 and his brother in 1874.

I am a member of the India List and cant find anything on the deaths so wonder if there might have been an obituary posted by Jane's Mother Agnes Dickson who was in Liverpool at the time.

Edna
      Last edited by clematised; 17-02-12, 16:43. Reason: Wrong letter in name of husband

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        wonder if it would be possible to look for a Funeral notice of a Mrs Sabina Eldridge in either Dec 1939 or Jan 1940 either around Waterloo or Hounslow area ? I do have the death notice in the Times Thanks .
        Just off to sort little one's dinner... but a quick search around the times didn't reveal anything obvious... (I have found some terrible mistakes due to using OCR). I'll carry on once sproglets have eaten and are happy.

Comment

I was thinking it may be in the local newspapers ? instead thanks for offering .

Comment

Thanks for the kind offer, Beth.

There is a report in the Hertford Mercury & Reformer dated Sat 21 Oct 1843 on the inquest for my 4xg-gf Samuel HOLT. I'd be very grateful if you would tell me what it says. Thank you.

Actually it appears to be 1653 words long. Is there any way to copy it to me if I PM you my email? Only if it's not a hassle for you.
            Glen

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
              Beth

Thank you for your kind offer.

I have a death/burial in Allahabad, Bengal, India, of Jane Wilson, Lloyd 1st September 1878 born 1838 Scotland died age 30 and can not find anything other than Familysearch, and no reson for her death, her Husband Edward T Lloyd died about 1884/5 in India leaving the children Orphans.
              Other than they worked on Railways in India I can only find baptism of my Grandfather in 1872 and his brother in 1874.

I am a member of the India List and cant find anything on the deaths so wonder if there might have been an obituary posted by Jane's Mother Agnes Dickson who was in Liverpool at the time.

Edna
              Hi Edna, I'll take a look shortly..

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
              Thanks for the kind offer, Beth.

There is a report in the Hertford Mercury & Reformer dated Sat 21 Oct 1843 on the inquest for my 4xg-gf Samuel HOLT. I'd be very grateful if you would tell me what it says. Thank you.

Actually it appears to be 1653 words long. Is there any way to copy it to me if I PM you my email? Only if it's not a hassle for you.
              No trouble at all.. I'll do yours now as you've found it, I should be able to track it down quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                I was thinking it may be in the local newspapers ? instead thanks for offering .
                Sorry, I'm really not sure why I wrote "times" it was meant to be a "quick search around the SITE didn't reveal anything"

That'll teach me for trying to read and type at the same time... :o << because there isn't a 'doh' smiley >>

*EDIT* - Just check again Val and I can't see anything... if anyone else can then let me know.
                Last edited by FamilyHistoryStories; 17-02-12, 18:05.

Comment

Gosh, that was quick Beth, am PMing you.
                  Glen

Comment

Hi Beth

In the York Herald for 8 Jan 1876 there's reference to a William Readman, I think it's his death.

Would be grateful for the details/image.

Thanks
                    Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JayG View Post
                      Hi Beth

In the York Herald for 8 Jan 1876 there's reference to a William Readman, I think it's his death.

Would be grateful for the details/image.

Thanks
                      Just putting the littlies to bed now.. Will be back in around an hour. :D

Comment

thanks for trying Beth

Comment

Beth not only copied the page from the newspaper but also transcribed the article for me. Service above & beyond.

Thanks again Beth.
                          Glen

Comment

Hi Beth, My Great Granddad John Bentley was fined on 31 Jan 1901 for contaminating the beer at the Joiners arms in Market Drayton, Shropshire.
                            Just wondered if there was anything in a local paper at the time.
                            Kind regards......John

Comment

A search on Colthup brings up several pages. I am interested in anyone with this surname so would be grateful if you would look up one or two that look interesting. NOT cricket scores!
                              People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
                              Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by john_harvey View Post
                                Hi Beth, My Great Granddad John Bentley was fined on 31 Jan 1901 for contaminating the beer at the Joiners arms in Market Drayton, Shropshire.
                                Kind regards......John
                                Originally posted by webwiz View Post
                                A search on Colthup brings up several pages. I am interested in anyone with this surname so would be grateful if you would look up one or two that look interesting. NOT cricket scores!
                                Will take a look for both of you and PM if I find anything! :D

Comment

Hi Beth - I wonder if you could look for my great grandad Peter Pendleton for me? Only if you have some time over the weekend. He lived in St Helens, Lancashire and Liverpool and went missing sometime in the 1920/1930s. The family legend has it that he was murdered - but don't believe it! He may have drowned, either in the Mersey or Carr Mill Dam? I would love to be able to solve his mystery. I am not sure how the search engine works, but don't do it if it is too much trouble.
                                  Many thanks.
                                  Best wishes, Polly

Begley - St Helens & Liverpool & somewhere in Ireland; Foster - Liverpool & Yorkshire (Ripon & Leeds); Pendleton - Huyton & Liverpool; Milnes - Leeds & Ripon; Banister - Preston; Wales - Liverpool & Cumberland; Ireland - Prescot; McDonough - Liverpool; Quirk - Liverpool; Hunt - St Helens; Tickle - St Helens

Comment

Originally posted by john_harvey View Post
                                    Kind regards......John
                                    John, I don't think I've found what you are interested in despite there being plenty of references to "John Bentley". It may be that the papers it would have appeared in aren't on the site..

I'll have another look for you now.

Comment

Originally posted by polly88 View Post
                                      Hi Beth - I wonder if you could look for my great grandad Peter Pendleton for me? Only if you have some time over the weekend. He lived in St Helens, Lancashire and Liverpool and went missing sometime in the 1920/1930s. The family legend has it that he was murdered - but don't believe it! He may have drowned, either in the Mersey or Carr Mill Dam? I would love to be able to solve his mystery. I am not sure how the search engine works, but don't do it if it is too much trouble.
                                      Many thanks.
                                      I'm afraid I didn't find anything about Peter Pendleton, at least nothing that jumped out... Could it be that he simply changed his name?

Comment

Originally posted by FamilyHistoryStories View Post
                                        John, I don't think I've found what you are interested in despite there being plenty of references to "John Bentley". It may be that the papers it would have appeared in aren't on the site..

I'll have another look for you now.
                                        Thanks Beth, Much appreciated...John

Comment

Working...
                                        X