Walter Dargon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Dargon

Just recently I've discovered my father in Law had a brother called Walter,the only info I can find is a WW1 memorial to him and his brother Edward in Isleworth,Middlesex,England.I should think he was born either the turn of the century or before,there are variations on the name Dorgan, Dargan, I have found a birth of a Walter 1916,any ideas would be appreciated.Edward was killed on the last day of the war.
    Got a feeling this is in the wrong place????
    Last edited by salty; 17-02-12, 14:23.

Moved to Family History Research for you.
    Elaine

Comment

If your father in law is deceased, could you post his name and birth details (year & place).
      Elaine

Comment

Cor, amazingly common name isnt it. There is a W Dargon in the 1980 phone book for Isleworth too!

Ah, is it the Irish family in Isleworth? Cant see a Walter with them yet Edwards in the 1901 = I think we may find its a second name. Cant see him on the CWGC either though Edwards there. I guess best to wait for more detail
        Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 17-02-12, 16:10.

Comment

Thanks Elaine (new I got it wrong).
          Father in law born 1897 Henry in Isleworth,Got all his stuff Elaine.Heather, it is the family from Isleworth.

Comment

Hmm, well unless its a nickname rod, I cant see a Walter Im afraid. He isnt on the cwgs site either. What did it say on the war memorial please?

Found a Walter Dragon on ancestry military records British West Indies Regiment, No. 9898 or a Walter Durgan Royal Field Artillery 676197 No info given apart from that.

Found Edwards Record - in case you want it only got the medals card and the fact he died :( and place of death Mesopotamia. Some of the other bros pensions stuff on there.

The Walter Thomas E Dargon born 1916 died 1991 in north surrey.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 17-02-12, 18:07.

Comment

Just W Dargon and E Dargon above ref WW1.

Comment

The only Dargon birth in Brentford and of an age to be in WW1 I can find with a W in the name at all is Henry William Dargon born June 1890 - 3a 60

I wonder if he dropped the Henry for some reason?
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Dont know what to make of it Crissie,will have to find where he came from, problem being the father in law is named henry,so if he did its likely he is from another family, which would solve the memorial name.

Comment

Henry William dargan died France & Flanders 1st Nov 1918, was a cousin of father in law.

Comment

Working...
                    X