Eglingham & Ingram, Northumberland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eglingham & Ingram, Northumberland

I'm not sure where to post this offer, so hopefully someone will move it if necessary.

I've just purchased 2 books which I'm happy to do lookups from:

The Registers of Eglingham, Northumberland, published 1899.
    Baptisms 1662 - 1812
    Marriages 1663 - 1812
    Banns (only listed when the marriage did not take place in the parish, though the banns had been said there)
    Burials 1662 - 1812
    It also includes a list of the vicars from c1400-1882

The Registers of Ingram, Northumberland, published 1903.
    Baptisms 1696 - 1812
    Marriages 1684 - 1812
    Banns (only listed when the marriage did not take place in the parish, though the banns had been said there)
    Burials 1682 - 1812
    It also includes a list of the rectors from 1281-1895, as well as population data (i.e. total number of residents) from 1801-1881.

Please give all known information, especially surname, forename and a timeframe of 10 years for me to search in.
    Please do not request a blanket search for one surname.

Please pm me if you're interested, as I will not look at this thread regularly.
    Last edited by wulliam; 17-02-12, 11:48.
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Ooh yes please, William. My aunt's ancestors were shepherds all over the northern part of Northumberland. I'll go away and make a list.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
      Ooh yes please, William. My aunt's ancestors were shepherds all over the northern part of Northumberland. I'll go away and make a list.
      Fire away!
      Kind regards,
      William

Comment

I think I've only got one that's early enough and in the right area.
        Samuel Thompson b. circa 1810 Branton, Eglingham. I've been told that there were nearly as many Thompsons as sheep in Northumberland!
        I don't suppose your records stretch as far as Elsdon or Alwinton.
        I haven't looked at this branch for a bit so I don't know what's been added to familysearch since I last looked.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I've had a look from 1800-1812, and he's not there, though others from Branton are. FreeREG seems to have decent coverage and he doesn't show up there either.
          How sure are you that he was from Branton? - I'm guessing it's from census data? How many census's show him as from Branton. Are other places mentioned?
          Kind regards,
          William

Comment

Working...
          X