Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Marriage help please

Hi

I have found the Irish marriage of my distant grandparents through LDS. It states that they married in Rathdown in Wicklow, but the place doesnt seem to exist and when i look at the Irish FHS they dont list it in Wicklow at all, the only possibles are in Co. Limerick or Co. Roscommon which arent anywhere near Wicklow. When i Google Rathdown, it only brings up links with Dun Laoghaire. I know its definately the right ones as the Wifes surname is quite unusual.

Any ideas please?
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

There's a village called Rathdrum in Co. Wicklow - might be a mistranscription.

Does the LDS give the film number?

Comment

it does its 101510. Rathdrum sounds very plausible
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

I just checked on the familysearch site, but that film number just links to a film containing Irish civil registration indexes in general; I thought they might list the places involved (as they do with parish records). Sounds as though you'll need to get the cert to be sure. Alternatively you can order the film through your local LDS centre.
        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 13-02-12, 13:35.

Comment

Thanks Mary, once you said about the film number i thought that too! Not sure how i can get the cert though if i can only find it in LDS?
          Robyne

Comment

ive found them in Ancestry (in Rathdrum!), Hanley is spelt Hanly and McGreevey is spelt M'Greevey
            Robyne

Comment

Ah, brilliant

If you do want the cert, I think you can send off to GRO Ireland for it.

You should be able to find further details here:

Last edited by Mary from Italy; 13-02-12, 14:28.

Comment

Working...
              X