No announcement yet.

Cant find Grandad in the WW1 Records ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant find Grandad in the WW1 Records ?

My Grandad Thomas Bentley was born in 1894 in Market Drayton Shropshire. (died 1962)
    He was in the KSLI durng WW1 but I cant seem to find any WW1 army records for him ?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Kind regards......John....

Hi John,

Do you know your grandads regiment number at all....

There is a medal card for a Thomas Bentley, King's Shropshire Light Infantry he has two Regiment numbers on his card 200380 and 1844. I couldn't see another Thomas Bentley in the KSLI. Do you think this could be your grandad?

Last edited by jadzia; 12-02-12, 20:56.
    Ness

Comment

Thanks for your help....Hmmm, It could be him.
      I don't have his regiment number although I may be able to find out.
      I wonder why I couldnt find that ?
      I found my paternal Grandad's record and that had around 20 pages of info !
      Is there anything like this for Thomas Bentley ?
      Kind regards......John

Comment

If you could find out the regiment number it would be really useful as it would confirm we have the right man when searching, I still haven't found another Thomas Bentley in the KSLI though. But I haven't managed to find anymore records for the man I gave you above, sadly a lot of WW1 records were destroyed in a WW2 bombing raid so it's possible his records could have been amongst the destroyed records. As far as I know the Medal Index Card collection is complete and was not damaged - maybe someone who knows more can confirm that. I will keep looking and let you know if I find anything else.

Ness

Comment

Thanks very much for your help.... John

Comment

Working...
          X