Storing records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing records

I've spent all morning cleaning up my boxes of records. I have put them all into plastic bins so I can seal them while I work on them. I found some tiny little bug things in the boxes. They are not silverfish but am not sure how I should protect the papers and photos from these things. I have got rid of all the boxes. The papers and photos have been in the boxes for years and I only came across most of them in the last 12 months.

Any suggestions? I don't want to ruin anything. Napthalene?
    Helen from Australia

Researching Gosling, Hindmarsh, Jones, Norris, McDonald, Dunn, Spencer, Smith, Spengler, Grosert
    Australia, Essex, Little Holland, Clacton on Sea, Romford

Hello Helen, I don't know much about Australian bugs and how damaging they are, but if no-one on here comes up with a solution try contacting one of the Archivists at your Record Office they should be able to give you suitable advice.

Margaret
    Margaret

Comment

Don't think plastic boxes are a good idea as they will give any moulds an ideal environment to thrive.

I agree - ask an archivist.

OC

Comment

i've also wondered about this question. i believe things are stored in boxes in archives, but they seem to have a special design.

Comment

Working...
        X