Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calcutta India, Scottish Cemetery Digitised photos

India, Kolkata, Karaya Road, Scottish Cemetery

There are many named headstones pictured here in this excellent piece of restoration
    I have trawled through the many pictures here but not found my Scottish Jane Wilson Lloyds Burial stone if she was here at all
    but thought it may be good for the reference section if the mods could oblige.

Edna

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/296998/digital_images/india+kolkata+karaya+road+scottish+cemetery/?&sort_typ=archnum&sort_ord=asc&show=all

Thank you -A great resource.
    The pictures made me quite sad.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

My grandparents were married in Calcutta and my father was born there but I don't think anyone in my tree died there.

Calcutta has a close connection with Dundee through the jute industry.
      Last edited by Uncle John; 11-02-12, 17:03.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

UJ my family went there from Liverpool for the Railway and were employed on the railway before leaving here and then worked the Railways in India too, but both died within a few years and children left to be schooled out there by their Grandmother in Liverpool, she died and left the children in her will still in school in India, I had hope to find something on that site as she was Scottish and baptised my GF in the Curch of Scotland in India.

Edna

Comment

Thanks Edna. Added to our Cemeteries Online Worldwide page.
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X