Hp printer - problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hp printer - problem

I am trying to help someone print an invitation using an HP Printer. The problem is that this prints well on paper but will not accept a thin card. The card goes through but comes out blank.
    I do not know the model number but it has many facilities.

I have no problem printing this document on my simple Canon.

Any ideas please why this should happen.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 10-02-12, 16:12.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret, I have the same problem with my H.P. printer, fine with paper, but won't work with thicker photo card, same thing happens as yours, just goes straight through,let's hope someone can tell us why. Regards Del.
    Last edited by Del 80; 12-02-12, 10:53.
    Researching, Clarke, Calvert, McDowell, McCreadie, Paton and Scott families, Scotland and Ireland, Ayto, Eato, Eatough family, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire.

Comment

Have you told the printer you are printing on card, via the preferences button on the print dialogue...

It is possible that it may be detecting the greater thickness as multiple sheets of paper, and then passing it straight through rather than continuing to print...
      https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Ahh, never thought of that Grimsqueaker, I'll have a look , thanks, ......Regards Del.
        Researching, Clarke, Calvert, McDowell, McCreadie, Paton and Scott families, Scotland and Ireland, Ayto, Eato, Eatough family, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire.

Comment

Grimsqueaker,Mine is working fine now, easy when you know how isn't it ? thanks, Regards Del.

Comment

Working...
          X