Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know about the Bryant & May factory in Bow East London ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about the Bryant & May factory in Bow East London ?

Hi All, My sister is sure my Nan worked at this factory for a while.
    Does anyone know if there is a "list" of workers anywhere ?
    Kind regards......John

Thanks Val......Regards....John

Comment

ISTR that Barbara Windsor found she had ancestors who worked there on her WDYTYA programme.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi John
        When do you think your nan might have worked there?
        My grandad was working there in 1888 when the match workers went on strike.
        These records are on Findmypast.
        Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
          ISTR that Barbara Windsor found she had ancestors who worked there on her WDYTYA programme.
          Beat me to it! Very trendy flats these days..
          Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

nice one maudarby

match workers went on strike

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
              Not sure when my Nan would have worked there ?
              Could you point me in the right direction to the records on FMP please.
              As has been mentioned, trendy flats these days and I have worked in a few of them.
              Thanks again...... John

Comment

Hi John
                If you click on Search all records & then scroll down until you find the heading Occupations you will see Match workers strike Bow 1888.
                Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                  Hi John
                  If you click on Search all records & then scroll down until you find the heading Occupations you will see Match workers strike Bow 1888.
                  Moggie
                  Thank you....

Comment

Hi John & anyone else with ancestors who worked at Bryant & May match factory in 1888
                    Just found this link where you can search through the strike register.

Moggie

Comment

The match factory strike action started because 3 people got fired..

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                        Hi John & anyone else with ancestors who worked at Bryant & May match factory in 1888
                        Just found this link where you can search through the strike register.

Moggie
                        Thanks very much......

Comment

Originally posted by FMK View Post
                          The match factory strike action started because 3 people got fired..
                          Of all places from which to be "fired", I think I'd rank a match factory amongst my least favourite. ;)

Christine
                          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                          X