Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public Family tree - the opposite problem to the norm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Family tree - the opposite problem to the norm.

At the weekend I googled someone in my family tree and to my surprise up popped a family tree with the correct information. The tree had literally only gone on line the day before and it very good and well researched with sources shown. I was able to fill in some gaps in my family tree form the amount of data this guy had in his tree. The gentleman(I think) used to have a tree on ancestry but this is no longer accessible so I am guessing that he has ditched ancestry in favour of his new tree. I would like to get in touch with him and let him know that I am quite impressed with his research and offer him access to my tree - but sadly there is no contact option. It is so frustrating.

Sandra
    Last edited by Sherbertrose; 09-02-12, 14:51.

Is it a tree on a similar site to Ancestry, or has he created his own website?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine,

It is his own website.

Sandra

Comment

doesn't he have a contact email on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sherbertrose View Post
          Hi Elaine,

It is his own website.

Sandra
          Is there a way of leaving comments on individuals? There is a little Suggest button on the software I use, which is often how people get in touch with me.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Sandra sent the link to me .. there doesn't seem to be any way of making contact.
            However, I found a post on another forum which seems to have been posted by the owner of the website, so hopefully contact can be made via that.
            Elaine

Comment

Seems a bit daft having no way to get in touch - surely the whole point of going to the effort of creating your own site is to share and to make contacts who may have more information or even to correct him? Although perhaps he wants to head off the sort of drivel I also receive. :D
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                Seems a bit daft having no way to get in touch - surely the whole point of going to the effort of creating your own site is to share and to make contacts who may have more information or even to correct him? Although perhaps he wants to head off the sort of drivel I also receive. :D
                I think you may be right ref the drivel - if he has done a lot of good work he may not wish to engage in correspondence with people who don't know the first thing about it but who proceed to argue with you over your findings and won't accept the proof you provide.

Margaret

Comment

I just want to add that it is just wonderful when you get a good piece of research. Good news Sandra.

I have just made contact with someone who has supplied me with very good information and solved a mystery for me. Her information appears to be well researched and coincides with what I have found out.
                  Gives you faith that some folk do real research and don't just "copy".

At least I was able to make contact and we have shared some information.

I much prefer to share selected information that is relevant, than just publish a whole tree.
                  Last edited by herky; 10-02-12, 13:20.
                  herky
                  Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I think I shall keep an eye on the website. It could well be that as it is a brand new site it is still work in progress.

Sandra

Comment

Working...
                    X