Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Medal Details

Hope someone can help.

Can anyone tell me what the numbers mean in the remarks field, this is from WW1 Medal card.
    they are as follows:

Retd_ (1743 KR 1912) 8163/adt

Steve.
    Steve.
    Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Does this site help at all?
    All about the British Army of the First World War. Find how to research the men and women who served, and stacks of detail about the army organisation, battles, and the battlefields.
    Elaine

Comment

Kings Regulations 1912 paragraph 1743 seems to mean the following

"Medals which, at the end of 10 years, still remain unclaimed , will be sent to the India Office (if granted for India service), or the deputy director of ordnance stores, Royal Dockyard (Medal Branch), Woolwich (if granted for other service) to be broken up."
      The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
      Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by annswabey View Post
        Kings Regulations 1912 paragraph 1743 seems to mean the following

"Medals which, at the end of 10 years, still remain unclaimed , will be sent to the India Office (if granted for India service), or the deputy director of ordnance stores, Royal Dockyard (Medal Branch), Woolwich (if granted for other service) to be broken up."
        That is interesting, This guy never returned back to his family after the war.

Steve
        Steve.
        Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Comment

Working...
        X