midlothian electoral roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midlothian electoral roll

I've found a second (living)cousin of mine living in Penicuik,midlothian on 191 website. The names of his wife and 2 children are on there but not the full address. I would really like to contact him as his grandfather was my grandmother's brother. I have several photos of his grandparents and parents as well as the rest of the family from my granny's photo album which I'd love to share with him. Does anyone know how to get his full address or do I need to pay to see the full record on 191! I thought electoral rolls were in the public domain ?

Thanks for looking

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Originally posted by congletonian View Post
    I've found a second (living)cousin of mine living in Penicuik,midlothian on 191 website. The names of his wife and 2 children are on there but not the full address. I would really like to contact him as his grandfather was my grandmother's brother. I have several photos of his grandparents and parents as well as the rest of the family from my granny's photo album which I'd love to share with him. Does anyone know how to get his full address or do I need to pay to see the full record on 191! I thought electoral rolls were in the public domain ?

Thanks for looking

Liz
    Yes, electoral rolls are in the public domain but in hard copy at the local library for the area concerned.

The online versions are paid for by private companies and so we have to pay to look at them.

I have a sub to Tracemart which is similar to 191 so if you pm me the details I'll see if it covers Scotland.

Margaret

Comment

Yes, just checked and the records do cover Scotland so please do send a PM with details and maybe it'll be successful for you.
      Margaret

Comment

thankyou very much Margaret,I'll pm you

Liz

Comment

Sent you a pm Margaret

Liz

Comment

We have exchanged PMs and Liz now has the information she was looking for.
            Margaret

Comment

many thanks Margaret for your help.
              I now look forward to sharing my research results with my 2nd cousin. Hope he's as interested as I am !!

Liz

Comment

Originally posted by congletonian View Post
                many thanks Margaret for your help.
                I now look forward to sharing my research results with my 2nd cousin. Hope he's as interested as I am !!

Liz
                I know what you mean. I have contacted loads of relatives this way and for the most part they have been pleased to hear of our connection but often that's as far as it goes. Occasionally I have been given some nuggets of information that have allowed me to move on with the tree but the best bit is hearing anecdotal family stories from another perspective but which in essence are the same - spooky knowing that someone else has the same bits of personal knowledge in their head as you when you didn't even know them!!

Good luck,
                Margaret

Comment

Working...
                X