Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have help with records for new york please

Hi guys
    I have taken out worldwide sub with ancestry. Cannot seem to locate marriage records specific to new york. Have found my uncle on a new your passenger list on which he is returning to his wife.
    Am unable to find marriage for them. I know that he later lived in Azusa Calif. which I believe to
    be Los Angeles County. And I have found a death which I am sure is him. I thought Ancestry was the best place to search, but now am not so sure. Any other sites re marriages New York City.
    Thanks for any help.
    Glenda

US BMD records do not have a central repository, but rather are collected locally - now at the state level, but in earlier times in state, county, or even city/town.

Deaths are now recorded thru the Social Security Death Index, which only applies to individuals who were in the Social Security System (which began in the 1930s, but was not mandatory).

familysearch.org has many US records, but I'm not certain about NY - it's free to look.

Census records, draft registration, obits, death certs, immigration records - they are the tools, where available.

Also try local genealogical societies and historical societies. They probably won't have the records, but know where to find them.

You can post the info here, see if anyone can help.
    sarah

Comment

not sure if this helps
      Karen

Comment

You could look at our New York page in our Reference Library

New York
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks will have a go.

Comment

Working...
          X