Lenovo + Windows Live Photo Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenovo + Windows Live Photo Gallery

With my old computer, I used to use Windows Photo Gallery to upload pictures - all well, no problems.

Having been spoiled with a Lenovo laptop, Windows 7, the works - the camera won't register with the computer. I am probably not/doing something stoopid, but I've run out of ideas.

I really value sending photos to SA where we have close friends and I've always used Windows Photo Gallery to do this - is there any alternative? We've wondered if the USB cable doesn't work - but it never gave problems before............

I'm totally confuddled

I can't reply straight away to any kind suggestions, as we're in the middle of moving house, and there are boxes to be packed, things to be thrown out and the cat to be persuaded that 'nothing's going on, really' but I'll look in tomorrow.

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Gwyn,
    Funny you should mention this as I have been searching the net only tonight for a solution to this problem for a friend. I cannot find Photo Gallery on his PC or MS Picture Manager and it occurred to me that he may need an upgraded camera.

But have you run the software for your camera?

I didn't have any problems when I bought Vista it just happened, but Windows 7 looks a whole new ball game.
    So once again I am back to thinking AppleMac for my next computer as it all looks a new learning curve as time moves on.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 04-02-12, 21:37.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Never used either of the programs named even when using other window versions, always used alternatives, Picasa (its a free bit of software and is terrific) is one at moment use, not had any problems with this. Recently brought Paint Shop Pro and will probably use that in future.
      7 has windows live photo gallery, no idea what it does or if its what poster is looking for, on my comp have to accept its use before using.
      I must be unusual as every time see people extolling virtues of Macs get reminded of frustration every time have used them, must be me but dont find them user freindly, unless you do things Apple way you cant do it (Itunes example of this) and so expensive

Comment

It is possible that you will have to download a new win 7 driver for your camera, also consider PhotoScape as a free download alternative for all kinds of photowork
        L

Comment

Thanks to Margaret, Mike and L.

When we are (finally) back to some sort of normality, I'll have a go with your suggestions - it's so maddening not to be able to do something which before, on the old computer, was so simple! As Margaret said, with Vista, no problems, but this is certainly a brain teaser...............

Again, thanks for your time.

Gwyn
          Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Working...
          X