Margaret Dale nee McCusker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margaret Dale nee McCusker

Others have already searched, as have I - maybe, hopefully, someone here can find her? And if not, then maybe in the future someone that knows of her will come across this and say yes, I know her

Margaret McCusker, eldest child of Francis and Annie, was born in Norwich, Norfolk 1887. Her parents, Francis McCusker and Annie Batram, married in Suffolk 28 October 1885.
    In 1891 she was age 3, with her parents and her brother Herbert, at 8 Winefred Place, Finchley, East Finchley, and in 1901 she was age 13 at her aunt and uncle's home, Margaret (b Broom, Suffolk) and Joseph West, 5, Great Northern Cottages, Hitchin.
    Margaret had one brother and three sisters and I have traced all of them.
    Margaret's father died in 1916.

She married Allan Edward Dale in 1906, St Mary's, Finchley.
    In 1911 Margaret, her husband and their young son were with his parents in Beckenham, Kent.

Margaret's husband Allan died in the S.S. Abosso on 24 April 1917. In the CWGC site is:

In Memory of
    Assistant Steward ALLAN EDWARD DALE

S.S. "Abosso" (London), Mercantile Marine
    who died age 39
    on 24 April 1917
    Son of Edward Henry and Emma Jane Dale, of 27, Welham Rd., Streatham, London; husband of Margaret Dale, of New Zealand. Born at Faversham, Kent.
    Remembered with honour
    TOWER HILL MEMORIAL

I can find nothing about her being in New Zealand.

I have found his father's death registration in 1919 and his mother's, too.
    It looks as if Margaret and Allan's son, Paul Carey Dale, married an Ida B Walker in 1935, I have found him in electoral registers with his grandmother Annie McCusker (strangely calling herself Mary Ann and Mary Annie at times!) in Finchley prior to his marriage. After his marriage he and his wife Ida Bessie are in Whetstone in the electoral registers up to 1936.

There is a death registration for Paul Carey Dale, registered July 1993, Bridport registration district, age 86, birth date given as 11 January 1907, so I feel sure that this is him; such an unusual name. His birth registration is March qr 1907 Fulham registration district. There is a death registration for Ida age 93 in 1997 Honiton district.

I cannot find Margaret Dale in passenger lists (nor could I see the son in them either) - as her husband was an assistant steward, could they have travelled with him without being on passenger lists?
    There is a death registration for a Margaret Dale, born about 1886, Greenwich district in 1919. I had hoped it might appear in the London parish registers in ancestry but it doesn't seem to be there. She is not a direct relative but I would really like to know what became of her
    Joy

so your relatively sure she didn't die in new zealand? i don't think a burial in 1919 is likely to appear in the london database on ancestry......more likely a cemetery burial then.

Comment

I have no idea where she died. :(
      Last edited by Joy Dean; 03-02-12, 10:38.
      Joy

Comment

the closest i can see for a death in new zealand is in 1940 age 65:

have you considered a remarriage?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
          the closest i can see for a death in new zealand is in 1940 age 65:

have you considered a remarriage?
          Thank you. Yes, I had considered and searched for a remarriage without success.
          Joy

Comment

there is this Joy.

Name: Mrs Mary Dale
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1886
            Arrival Date: 5 Oct 1915
            Arrival Port: Sydney, Australia
            Departure Port: London
            Ship: Commonwealth
            Nationality: English

unfortunately there is no image to check...
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you, a possibility if she changed from Margaret to Mary.

I may contact the register office about the death registration for a Margaret Dale, born about 1886, Greenwich district in 1919.
              Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post

I may contact the register office about the death registration for a Margaret Dale, born about 1886, Greenwich district in 1919.
                mmm though if she was 'of New Zealand' when her Husband died, then, why come back to UK?
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

that 'mary' could really be 'margt', i think that's why julie mentioned it.

Comment

Thank you. I am thinking now

We subscribe to premium ancestry so I cannot see the entry in the link.
                    Is there an Allan anywhere? or their son, please?
                    Last edited by Joy Dean; 05-02-12, 10:28.
                    Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post

This was not she, the one that died in 1919.
                      Last edited by Joy Dean; 25-05-12, 13:48.
                      Joy

Comment

Working...
                      X