New Mozilla Firefox not allowing my Kaspersky internet protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mozilla Firefox not allowing my Kaspersky internet protection

I downloaded the latest Firefox and it stopped my Kaspersky Internet program working. Ive now uninstalled it but I find Google chrome and IE9 not as easy to use.

Should I just go back to an earlier version of Firefox or does that leave the system vulnerable if Ive not had the updated version please?

I updated mine Heather and not had any problems it must be your Kasperksy didn't like it ? did it ask you to disable your anti virus before installing the new firefox?

Comment

No val, it just said there was a new update and I did it. I did see a box come up saying my kaspersky virtual keyboard add on was not compatible but I thought I could go to the Kaspersky icon and just click on it from there. But then the Kaspersky message came up that it had been disabled and that the licence number was missing :(

Comment

I think thats the problem Heather you may have had to disable Kaspersky first?

Comment

I've updated too and got a message that the Kapersky Virtual Keyboard is not compatible with Firefox now. I wasn't asked to close down anything before updating.
          I've just checked the Kapersky info box and it says I'm up to date and protected. I went to find out just what exactly the virtual keyboard is in the Kapersky help files. It's a tool that you have to specifically open to use which makes entering passwords more secure than merely typing them on the actual keyboard. I've never used it myself, didn't really know it was there to be honest. So as long as you don't rely on that particular add-on, and your Kapersky itself thinks it's up to date then I wouldn't worry about Virtual Keyboard. You could try manually updating Kapersky just to make 100% sure you really have got the latest protection.

Comment

I use the virtual keyboard a lot when I buy stuff on line. It stops key loggers being able to work out your bank or credit card details. The virus protection is working but the keyboard which is usually an icon top right of the screen isnt there. I used to be able to go into to kaspersky and open it from there on the old firefox but it wont even do that now :( What Ive done is download googlechrome and thats compatible with the virtual keyboard so I go onto chrome if Im buying anything. Bit of a nuisance though

Comment

have you tried right clicking on the area where it used to be to see if it opens Heather

Comment

Working...
              X