death in monte carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death in monte carlo

i have found probate for an aunt who died in monte carlo in 1917. but i cannot locate a death entry on findmypast? would a death in 1917 be registered with the english consulate? if not, where would i find a death certificate?

whats the name Kyle?

Comment

I don't believe it was compulsory to register the death with the consulate.
      Have you looked on the France page in the reference library to see if there is any information re BMD certificates.
      Elaine

Comment

the alpes maritimes department of france had some civil registration for monaco, but 1792-1813. the other sites didn't seem to help. maybe i should send an email to the department, asking about deaths in 1917?

thanx val, her name was lavinia emma bacon. nee shaw. i know all about the family, i jusy wanted to find the death registration.

Comment

Sorry I cant help Kyle but your post title sounds like the name of a film or book featuring Hercule Poirrot......room for thought perhaps?
          Last edited by AlanC; 03-02-12, 08:57.

Comment

hercule poirrot? is he an old film star?

Comment

sorry Kyle couldnt find anything

Comment

thanx val. i'm not surprised. this family has a knack for missing important things like the census! usually they dissapear, and pop in europe, australia etc. still have no idea why she was in monte carlo. her daughters lived there in the 1930's and in italy...maybe she was there for health reasons.

Comment

Working...
                X