Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamberts of Forncett, Norfolk

Hi

The brick wall I would just love to break down is this one.

According to the 1851 and 1861 census William Lambert was born in 1792 in Forncett. (1841 just gives Norfolk).
    I have found 3 births in Forncett parish registers, Hannah 1788, Richard 1786 and Francis 1790, all born to Edward Lambert and Hannah Cullum. Edward died 1830 aged 80 and Hannah in 1826 aged 75, both at East Harling. This gives birth dates of 1750 and 1752. If you say they married around 1775 it leaves plenty of time before the first birth I have in 1786
    I cannot find Williams birth or parents, nor can I find a Marriage for Edward and Hannah.
    As far as I can see there was only this one family in Forncett at the time, and as far as I can see, the whole family moved away, William to Eccles where he married and had his children.
    I am thinking that maybe Edward married elsewhere and had other children before arriving in Forncett. I am leaning towards Brettenham as there was a birth of an Edward in 1780 to an Edward and Hannah. There are also other births there Mary 1779 and Elizabeth 1778 which would fit very well into my time frame
    Brettenham marriage records do not seem to be on line yet so I cannot look for a marriage.
    If anyone has any ideas they would be very welcome

dave

i take it you've been looking through the LDS database for your norfolk rellies?

Comment

Hi - Yes that's right.
      I did write to the local paper and school to see if anyone knew the name in the village, without any luck.
      dave

Comment

Hi

According to the FreeREG website, Edward LAMBERT was a witness at the marriage of Richard PEARCE & Sarah PETCH at Brettenham on 1 Dec 1782.

Comment

Hi Vivian
          Thanks for your interest. I do know there was an Edward Lambert in Brettenham around then. I know there were children born to an Edward and Hannah there at the time, but so far I cannot link him to my Edward at Forncett, or Hannah to Hannah Cullum.

dave

Comment

you could look into settlement records, they might help, to see if the family came and settled from elsewhere to Forncett. these should be at the RO or a FHS might have them.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Dave,

can you give the links for William on the census please.. I have found these, but, not sure he is yours

is this the right family?

1841: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8767
              Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 781; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Eccles; County: Norfolk; Enumeration District: 3; Folio: ; Page: 5; Line: 18; GSU roll: 438865.

1851: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=8978
              Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 1822; Folio: 426; Page: 11; GSU roll: 207476.

1861:http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1861&indiv=1
              Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 1236; Folio: 122; Page: 4; GSU roll: 542781.
              Last edited by Darksecretz; 02-02-12, 12:15.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi
                Yes they are the correct census refs.
                I think it may be a good idea for me to join the NFHS

dave

Comment

Working...
                X