Cert arrived am furious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cert arrived am furious

Ordered a Death cert clearly says Hettie Rose on the image ,on Cert it says Hettie Rosenthall otherwise Rose, she isn't mine and I certainly would not have ordered it if the image said Rosenthall.
    Hope the GRO see it that way and refund my money.

hettie.JPGnow am even more angry they wont refund my money, and a right snotty girl she was too.
    Surely they should go by the right name ? or at least have the alias on the image if they are going to use it.

Comment

I thought they had a policy of not issuing a certificate unless the information you have given is correct. I have had refusals to issue because I have spelt something wrong so your order would not have matched the entry in the register and should not have been issued.

I would email and raise a complaint which will have to go to someone more senior to deal and maybe you will get a better answer.
      Margaret

Comment

thanks Margaret am so annoyed as like you they have refused to send me certs with a stupid spelling mistake, you would have thought they would have at least rung or emailed me first before sending it.

Comment

I agree with you, Val.....I think you're entitled to your money back. They should either show both names on the image (the easiest way) or contact you to ask if you're still interested.

Comment

thanks Grey have run off a letter to them.

Comment

Unfortunately, if you use the online automated service you will not get the kind of personal service you get from a local RO. The GRO automated service has no provision for phoning people.

They are indeed only supposed to issue certs which match what you have asked for - and so this one DOES match what you asked for, there's just additional information on the cert.

I agree, that other name should have been in the index though.

EDIT - Val, if it was the Hettie who died in 1935, then it IS listed in both surnames on Freebmd.

OC
              Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 27-01-12, 14:34.

Comment

is it OC ? what a shame it isnt on FMP , point I am making is if it had said Rose then Rosenthall I could sort of understand it ,as I asked for Rose.
                What is annoying is the times they have not sent me one because maybe I put a middle initial and one didnt appear on the image.

Comment

But it DOES say that on the Freebmd index and they can't have made that up themselves. It is the FMP index which is at fault.

(Are you absolutely positive that it is the wrong one? How do you know? There can't have been many Hetty Rose of that age dying.)

OC

Comment

FMP index does have both names, and if you look at the image of the GRO index page on FMP both names appear, in adjacent columns. It doesn't show that both names appear on the same death certificate, but then neither does FreeBMD because both are transcriptions of the index, not the register entries.
                    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Just looked on FMP Judith and your right , I didn't look in another colum why would I ? I saw Hettie Rose in the first and that was it ,why didn't they put Rosenthall in brackets next to Rose? instead of completely separate? blast suppose that means they more than likely wont refund ? going to send it anyway no harm in trying.
                      OC my Hettie was really Harriett but is Hettie on census records so stupidly thought she was mine right age , but this one has a different Father and is a spinster.
                      Might have to put it down to a loss then? boo hoo cant afford it really.

Comment

Oh, it does sound as if it's the wrong one then, what a shame.

You never know, they might refund your money.

OC

Comment

its horrible when you wait ages only to get the wrong one ,ah well back to the drawing board.

Comment

What a shame Val.
                            I think GRO will index any surname on the certificate, which surprised me when I sent for a death certificate for someone I thought might be on O.H's tree, surname NEWLANDS.
                            It arrived for someone who died as BERRY, but it was our lady who had later remarried, but her previous married name ( NEWLANDS)was also shown on the certificate and so that name too had been logged in the death index.

Gwyn

Comment

Gwyn I wouldnt have minded if the name in the first column had been Rosenthall then I would have realised, but to put them in different columns seems daft to me or a way to make more money.

Comment

I sympathize with your frustration Val but that GRO index is an alphabetical one made years ago, soon after the death was actually registered
                                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Would you like any help from us searching for her death Val? Could she have remarried and died under a different name etc?
                                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thats very nice of you Chrissie but this family are so complicated it wouldnt be fair to ask? unless of course your really bored .

Comment

We don't have to be bored Val to want to try and help It would be handy to know a bit more about her though:D
                                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 28-01-12, 08:33.
                                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                        Just looked on FMP Judith and your right , I didn't look in another colum why would I ? I saw Hettie Rose in the first and that was it ,why didn't they put Rosenthall in brackets next to Rose? instead of completely separate? blast suppose that means they more than likely wont refund ? going to send it anyway no harm in trying.
                                        OC my Hettie was really Harriett but is Hettie on census records so stupidly thought she was mine right age , but this one has a different Father and is a spinster.
                                        Might have to put it down to a loss then? boo hoo cant afford it really.
                                        HATTIE can also be a diminutive(sp) of Harriet
                                        Julie
                                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                                        X