A double check please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A double check please

Is anybody else having problems logging in to Ancestry ? I'd be very much obliged if someone could double check this for me, please. I've got a Friedrich (Fred) Strecker. I know he was a pork butcher & ended up living in Nottingham. I've got as far back as the 1901 census & it seems to be him, aged 28 & single, visiting someone in Nottingham. He seems to be with a toddler (also Strecker) who was born in Sheffield. Friedrich is saqid to have been born in 1873 in Germany. Could someone check to see if they can find him in Britain before the 1901 census, please ?

Thanks
    Last edited by greyingrey; 26-01-12, 15:37.

Here's the birth for the child if that's of interest

Mabel Strecker
    Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1899
    Registration district: Ecclesall Bierlow
    Inferred County: Yorkshire West Riding
    Volume: 9c
    Page: 481

Can't see anything at the moment for before 1901.

Margaret

Comment

I wonder if that is him in 1891 - listed as a flesher but the age is out.

RG12; Piece: 372; Folio 97; Page 17;

Listed as b in Germany, Frederick Shrecker, lodger in Bermondsay, b 1864 - so way out on age, I am having second thoughts with this one??
      Last edited by herky; 26-01-12, 15:51.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

The only Streker results that I found for 1891 is this family

STREKER, Alfred F Head Married M 43 1848 Traveller Oakley Essex
        STREKER, Caroline Wife Married F 42 1849 Hoddesdon Hertfordshire
        STREKER, Alfred E Son Single M 22 1869 Stationer Islington
        STREKER, Gertrude A Daughter Single F 20 1871 Shop Assistant Dalston
        STREKER, Beatrice C Daughter Single F 18 1873 Mantle Maker Hackney
        STREKER, Katie A Daughter Single F 15 1876 Stoke Newington
        STREKER, Archibald G Son M 13 1878 Stoke Newington
        STREKER, Ethel M Daughter F 11 1880 Stoke Newington
        STREKER, Caroline Mother Married F 82 1809 Tendring Essex

Address:
        11, West Green Road, Tottenham County:
        Middlesex
        Last edited by margaretmarch; 26-01-12, 15:50.

Comment

There's this on ancestry under Alien Arrivals

Louis Streker
          Port of arrival: Hull, England
          Arrival Date: 31 Aug 1846
          Port of departure: Bremen, Germany
          Ship: Heyest
          Country of Origin/Native of: Bremen, Germany

Comment

Probably best to rule out what I have posted as Frederick Strecker was known as Fritz and can be found in 1901 as such and still in Bermondsay
            Back to the drawing board!
            herky
            Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Not that this is any help but he is in the 1912 Kelly's directory as a Pork Butcher, 266 St Ann's Well Road, Nottingham
              herky

Comment

in 1891 there is a John Strecker born 1873 Germany a Pork Butcher ??? living in Carlisle

Comment

Thanks very much, everyone

Comment

Working...
                  X