Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Birth or Baptism/Edmeads/Approx 1770-'80.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Birth or Baptism/Edmeads/Approx 1770-'80.

I wonder if anyone on here can help with this please?

I'm looking for a Birth or Baptismal Entry for Adgate EDMEADS, born (Approx) 1770-1780.

He married Mary Watson at St George's, Hanover Square, Middx on the 15th August 1802. Witnesses were Ch (Charles?) Edmeads and John Cooper.

Their daughter Mary Charlotte Edmeads was Baptised at Christ Church, Southwark Surrey on the 31st July 1803. Her father Adgate Edmeads gives his Occupation as 'Coachmaker'.

I've looked for a Baptism for Adgate Edmeads in Middx and Surrey, but can't find anything, - (although there do seem to be some Edmeads Burials at St Alfege's, Greenwich).

Hoping that someone will be able to help,
    Holly.

i presume he died before the census, as you do not have a decent year of birth. it's possible he wasn't born in london.

Comment

generalised searches on fmp and ancestry in parish records come up with nothing. on the marriage was he was of the parish? maybe he is from the westminster part of london, which is not available on ancestry, but should be released on fmp sometime this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
        generalised searches on fmp and ancestry in parish records come up with nothing. on the marriage was he was of the parish? maybe he is from the westminster part of london, which is not available on ancestry, but should be released on fmp sometime this year.
        Many thanks for looking for me kylejustin.

On the Marriage details both Adgate Edmeads and Mary Watson are 'of this Parish'. I've looked on Ancestry and I can't find anything for either of them...

As you say, Westminster might be worth another look.

Cheers, Holly.

Comment

Working...
        X