US BMD lookup please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US BMD lookup please

Would some kind person with access to US data please look up Albert Canton 1886-1953 and his wife whose married name was Rachel Clark Canton 1880-1938 so might have had a maiden name of Clark. These details are from a gravestone in Oregon. I am trying to trace an Albert Edward Canton who was born in Wales in 1886 and who went to the Americas, intially to Canada. It is a long shot that this is him, but it is a very uncommon name.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

I found an Albert Canton in the 1930 US Census in Lake County, Oregon. He is listed as 42, single, born in New York State and both parents born in New York State. The place fits with the Albert Canton 1886-1953 gravestone on www.findagrave.com but I don't think this is the Albert Canton you're looking for.

Kirsty

Comment

BMD records for the USA are listed in each of the individual states. That means you have to know where the B/M/D events happened in order to track the records down.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi
        Albert Canton was my Great Grandfather. I am also trying to research him. Is he a relation of yours? I dont have much information on him after he divorced my Great Grandmother and went to Canada. It is believed he worked at McGill university.

Originally posted by webwiz View Post
        Would some kind person with access to US data please look up Albert Canton 1886-1953 and his wife whose married name was Rachel Clark Canton 1880-1938 so might have had a maiden name of Clark. These details are from a gravestone in Oregon. I am trying to trace an Albert Edward Canton who was born in Wales in 1886 and who went to the Americas, intially to Canada. It is a long shot that this is him, but it is a very uncommon name.

Comment

Paula I will pm you.
          People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
          Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Working...
          X