why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why?

I have just found an odd entry in the deaths...

exactly the same name/dob/etc but entered twice..

any ideas? or is it purely an error..

John Chadbourne b. 21 Nov 1900 d. 1973 Basford, Nottinghamshire
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

I've seen those before Julie but usually with a very slight difference. I think I have only ever seen one identical and I just put it down to being transcribed twice. It it on the original page twice?
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 23-01-12, 21:29.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
      I've seen those before Julie but usually with a very slight difference. I think I have only ever seen one identical and I just put it down to being transcribed twice. It it on the original page twice?
      yep it is Chris, its an identical double entry... ooher.
      Julie

Comment

Very odd - sorry I can't help. Just had a thought - Basford are very helpful when I have had dealings with them. I wonder if it might be worth a ring to ask if they have any idea why?

Comment

I might give them a ring or go down.. depends how I'm feeling :smilee: and agree they have been more than helpful when I have had certs from there.
          hmmn I wonder if I can find a burial...
          Julie

Comment

You would have to walk round a lot of cemeteries for a needle in a haystack :D

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              You would have to walk round a lot of cemeteries for a needle in a haystack :D
              nah, I can do that online.. ADC :Wink:
              Last edited by Darksecretz; 23-01-12, 22:29.
              Julie

Comment

I have one of those in my tree. Same name, same place, same quarter. Turns out the death was registered twice, the first registration technically illegal but not done with intent to fraud. The man died as a result of injuries sustained in an accident at work some weeks before. A neighbour registered his death on the actual date of death. However the coroner was involved as there was an inquest and his registration was a little later and is, by law, the correct one. The causes of death on the two certificates are different but in fact they describe the same thing; the first in what might be termed as layman's language as given to the registrar by the neighbour and the second in rather more formal (and gory) forensic detail from the coroner.

Comment

right, so it could be then, that for some reason someone registered the death and then there was an inquest which resulted in another registration as the cause of death was verified?
                  Julie

Comment

Working...
                  X