looking for information ~ Williams/Bosworth family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for information ~ Williams/Bosworth family

Hi i am looking for info for my family tree as i am stuck i have a few names of family members who have passed away, the names are,

Name Maiden Name D.O.B D.O.D Place of Birth

Ronald Sydney Thorpe 17/02/1930 02/01/2012 Liverpool
    Beryl J P Thorpe Williams 07/01/1950 20/03/2011 Wolverhampton
    Hillary B Bosworth not sure 11/05/1926 11/10/2001 Wolverhampton

there is a maiden name for Hillary Boswroths Mother i think it was Jones..

Any help would be a great big help, as you can see by the top 2 they are my Mum and Dad and i lost them within 12 months, so i would like to see if there is any family history i can find

Thanks again

Hello Jamie,

welcome to the forum.. is it your parents tree you are looking to 'do' ie, your maternal grandparents and your paternal grandparents? (so, your mum & dads sides together?)

do you have your Parents marriage certificate/ birth certificates at all, I see that this is very recent too, would you like me to move this thread to our 'sensitive research' forum?? if you do wish me to move it, then it will not get picked up by google, it will be in a closed (to google) area of this site.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Jamie, according to the BMD (birth/marriage/death) index on Ancestry your parents married in 1977, 2nd quarter of the year. The marriage registration is as follows:

Ronald S Thorpe / Beryl Williams
      Date of registration - Apr-May-Jun 1977
      Registration district - Wolverhampton
      Volume 34, Page no. 0620

Do you have their marriage certificate as it will give you the names of their fathers and will help when working back to the next generation.

Can you tell us where Hillary Bosworth fits into the family?
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
        Hello Jamie,

welcome to the forum.. is it your parents tree you are looking to 'do' ie, your maternal grandparents and your paternal grandparents? (so, your mum & dads sides together?)

do you have your Parents marriage certificate/ birth certificates at all, I see that this is very recent too, would you like me to move this thread to our 'sensitive research' forum?? if you do wish me to move it, then it will not get picked up by google, it will be in a closed (to google) area of this site.
        hi thanks for your reply, yes you can move it for me thanks, yes i am looking for maternal/paternal grandparents
        Last edited by Jamie Thorpe; 23-01-12, 20:44.

Comment

I don't have any paper work as yet, i am working on that just wanted a head start, Hillary Bosworth is my Mums Mum, i think it should be Hillary Williams and maidam name of Bosworth

Thanks

Comment

have moved it for you Jamie.

I see from your other thread you are looking for a FH program to add your information to, have you decided on one yet? if you are looking for a free site, then you could use 'Tribal Pages' or 'Ancestry' there is also 'My Heritage' I think its called, though I would suggest that you also buy a program for your computer so that you can keep the 'master tree' safe and sound.

My Heritage

Tribalpages

Ancestry
            Last edited by Darksecretz; 23-01-12, 20:50.
            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Thorpe View Post
              I don't have any paper work as yet, i am working on that just wanted a head start, Hillary Bosworth is my Mums Mum, i think it should be Hillary Williams and maidam name of Bosworth

Thanks
              This is probably the marriage registration of your grandparents

Hilary B Bosworth / John T Williams
              Date of Registration - Apr-May-Jun 1943
              Registration district - Wolverhampton
              Volume 6b, Page no. 1409

As has been pointed out to you on the other thread, you do need to purchase certificates to confirm these findings. There is no point researching the wrong line!

Following on from Julie's comments, there are links to family history programs and online trees in the Genealogy Software section in our reference library - click here
              Elaine

Comment

Hi Jamie - welcome to FTF

Hilary B Bosworth (note only one l in Hilary and B stands for Beryl) married John T Williams April-June quarter of 1943 - Wolverhampton ref 6b 1409. It looks as though she then went on to marry William Whitehouse after John T Williams death. The second marriage, again in Wolverhampton was in April-June 1976. She died as Hilary Beryl Whitehouse.

Ronald S Thorpe birth has mothers maiden name as Cartledge.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

There are three births to the name Thorpe and Cartledge - so likely to be your father's siblings.

W* J Thorpe Jan-Feb-Mar 1928 Liverpool Lancashire
                  Ronald S Thorpe Jan-Feb-Mar 1930 Liverpool Lancashire
                  E* M Thorpe Apr-May-Jun 1935 Liverpool South Lancashire

Margaret
                  Last edited by margaretmarch; 24-01-12, 11:59.

Comment

Here's a marriage for Cartledge to Thorpe in Dec quarter 1925 from http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk

THORPE Joseph CARTLEDGE Beatrice Toxteth, St. Philemon Liverpool 2056TP/4/367 you can order the certificate from the local Register Office using the reerence number quoted.

Use the reference Dec quarter 1925 District Liverpool volume 8b page 183 if ordering from GRO

Margaret
                    Last edited by margaretmarch; 24-01-12, 11:50.

Comment

This looks like Beatrice in 1911 census

CARTLEDGE, William Head Married M 27 1884 Carter General Lancashire Liverpool
                      CARTLEDGE, Beatrice Wife Married 6 years F 26 1885 Lancashire Liverpool
                      CARTLEDGE, Beatrice Daughter F 6 1905 School Lancashire Liverpool
                      STRANACK, George Adopted Children M 8 1903 School Lancashire Liverpool
                      STRANACK, Alice Adopted Children F 6 1905 School Lancashire Liverpool
                      STRANACK, William Adopted Children M 3 1908 School Lancashire Liverpool
                      STRANACK, James Adopted Children M 1 1910 Lancashire Liverpool

RG14PN22225 RG78PN1314 RD454 SD1 ED14 SN28

Address:
                      27 Sussex Street Liverpool

Comment

and a possible for Joseph Thorpe in the 1911 census

THORPE, William Head Married M 34 1877 Railway Potter Lancs Liverpool
                        THORPE, Elizabeth N Wife Married 11 years F 29 1882 Lancs Liverpool
                        THORPE, Elizabeth N Daughter F 10 1901 Lancs Liverpool
                        THORPE, William C Son M 8 1903 Lancs Liverpool
                        THORPE, Joseph Son M 4 1907 Lancs Liverpool

RG14PN22234 RG78PN1315 RD454 SD2 ED7 SN271

Address:
                        81 Greig St Toxteth Park Liverpool
                        Last edited by margaretmarch; 24-01-12, 12:22.

Comment

Jamie

Make sure you get the certificates to prove each step of the way and don't assume anything. Start with yourself and work backwards.

I thought I knew who my grandparents were and gaily followed a family back obtaining certificates, going to records offices and getting parish records etc. Eventually when tidying up my tree I got my grandparents wedding certificate and found his father was not Patrick as I thought but Francis which meant I'd followed totally the wrong family along with all the twigs on the way.

It had cost me a lot of time, travel and money and I had to start all over again with the right line.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Here's the birth details for your maternal grandmother

Hilary B Bosworth
                            Mother's Maiden Surname: Jones
                            Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1926
                            Registration district: Wolverhampton
                            Inferred County: Staffordshire
                            Volume Number: 6b
                            Page Number: 992

Comment

There's a tree on ancestry owned by LouiseCartledge55 which has Beatrice Cartledge in it along with Joseph Thorpe and it looks reasonably well researched with citations for the findings.

From the details on this tree it looks like you have relatives in Australia on the Cartledge side.

If you want to be put in touch send me a PM with your email address and I will pass it on.
                              Margaret
                              Last edited by margaretmarch; 24-01-12, 12:31.

Comment

Have found some other tress on ancestry = Thorpe, Lukich family tree, Lloyd4, Charnock Family Tree and walsh/locke Family Tree so have sent messages to all with your email address so they can contact you direct.

Here's hoping they get back to you with information.

Margaret

Comment

I'm in Melbourne and know a Cartledge family.

Comment

Williams/Bosworth Family

I have started to research my family tree and have hit a bit of a snag, My dads side of the family is ok is my mums where i am stuck, i can't seem to be able to find my nans mum, just a maiden name this is what i have so far

Nan Hilary Beryl Bosworth D.O.B 11/05/1926
                                    Married John T Williams, Apr,May,Jun 1943 in Wolverhampton, then the birth of Beryl JP Williams, after the death of J Williams she re-married
                                    William Whitehouse, Apr,May,Jun 1976 Hilary Bosworth Died Hilary Whitehouse 11/10/2001

Her Mums Maiden name is Jones, first Name Florence
                                    Her Dads Name is John Jones

My cousin has my nans birth certificate with the names on i have a copy of it but can't find any records.... Can anybody help me or is anybody researching the same family,

Thanks to you all

Comment

Hello Jamie,

what you need to do now, as you know your Grandmothers maiden name, and also your gt grans name, is look for a marriage between BOSWORTH/JONES, if you look on freebmd you can do a search for the marriage, this, then will enable you to get the information to buy the certificate.
                                      Last edited by Darksecretz; 26-01-12, 11:57. Reason: spelling!
                                      Julie

Comment

Just to update the thread, the owner of Lloyd4 tree has replied but says she is a distant connection and does not have any more information than is on the tree, but is willing to be in touch with Jamie.
                                        Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                        X