Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused need help canadian lol

Hello Everyone

were would i find the church records for Glaston and Uppingham also if any Roberts in north Luffernham in 1770 or just after that believe those are family also since peter Roberts married Susanna Scotney in Grantham Lincolnshire I am thinking family of Roberts came form the area. rutland England 1700 to 1841. Peter was not a common name back then for Roberts so should not be to difficult to find . Peters dads name was either peter or william first son born william second after sussanna dad third was peter after him i guess

I believe i have narrowed down my family but now need to find proof .

I do not understand all your counties and church records so i desperately need help
    are the church records held at the churches ?
    If so what churches were around in 1700 up to 1800
    Uppingham Glaston and north luffernham

If they are not kept at the church were are they kept ?

is there one central place for all three towns if not at churches

I thank you greatly for any help you can give me I am in new waters in England

God Bless

Rick

Hello Rick,

I have found that www.familysearch.org have alot of records on their site, and is one of the best starting places for information before 1837.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I have just found the marriage, 3rd entry down.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
      Julie

Comment

you can also try Hugh Wallis batch numbers site:

Julie

Comment

have you found Peter/Susanna on any of the census at all? this could give a place of birth for him.
          Julie

Comment

and going back to the original question..lol!

the parish records of the churches should be at Leicester & Rutland Record Office, but, you can often find information of marriages etc on various sites I have mentioned above.
            Julie

Comment

Hello Julie

Thank but I want actual date of biths marriage and deaths not abt this year .
              I like to deal in facts do you know what churches were around in 1700 for glaston and uppingham and north luffernham
              Again thank you for your time

Rick

Comment

you will have to google the towns to find their churches, and their records will be in the county archives for leicester and rutland like julie said.

try going on the 'leicestershire and rutland family history society' website, they have discs of transcriptions for some of the parishes you can buy. not all parishes are covered, but i think north luffenham is.

as for births, deaths, and marriages, before 1837 in england, it will be christenings (which may or may not include the birth date, every parish is different, and birth dates are more likely from 1813 onwards.) burials (once again may contain date of death, but usually don't.) and marriages.

Comment

Originally posted by rickster View Post
                  Hello Julie

Thank but I want actual date of biths marriage and deaths not abt this year .
                  I like to deal in facts do you know what churches were around in 1700 for glaston and uppingham and north luffernham
                  Again thank you for your time

Rick
                  Glaston-church-rutland

Uppingham-church-rutland

North-luffenham

South-luffenham-rutland

I found these by googling, but, unless you have a rough idea of where/when your relatives came from, which is why I asked about the census, we all have to play detectives here, looking for any small piece of information that will possibly aid to pinpointing the correct person.

it is very doubtful that the churches will hold any information, you will need to look at the Record office/or order the film from the LDS and view at a local centre to you. (either way there will be a cost involved)
                  Julie

Comment

Working...
                  X