Adolph William Albert GRUNOW,b1858,Berlin Prussia,to Australia,1880

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adolph William Albert GRUNOW,b1858,Berlin Prussia,to Australia,1880

Adolph GRUNOW, a Prussian emigrated on ship Sorata arr. Australia in Dec 1880
    Parents were Ludovic Frederick GRUNOW,a farmer and Bergroer Zistermann both in Berlin.

Adolph married Elizabeth Halstead in Sydney 1883.They had 5 daughters.
    Information about the Prussian/German family Adolph left to come to Australia would be helpful.His occupation was a butcher,woodcarver.

thank you, Pymble

do you have any certificates? do they say where in prussia he came from? berlin? if you don't know where he was born, you will not be able to find anything if it is not online. i'm not too familiar with NSW certs, i have some for deaths which ask for birthplace. as far as i know, NSW certs are similar to victorian ones, so the marriage cert should say where he was born?

Comment

do you have the image of the shipping list? if it went to sydney, you should be able to find it in the new south wales archives website. it will tell you the last place he was living, which may have been his birthplace too.

Comment

is this your post? http://genforum.genealogy.com/austra...ges/45663.html

Comment

Yes above is my post
          I have for HAMBURG shipping list
          Hamburg via London Adolf GRUNOW age 21 destination Melbourne, Australia.
          Ship was "Viola" and under Captain Brorsen

Adolph must have changed the spelling of his first name and also decided to change ship to Australia as
          his naturalization papers show he arrived on the "Sorata" into the port of Melbourne.

all papers I have show his birth was Berlin in the provence of Brandenbourg Prussia.
          I have his marriage and death certificates and all evidence of his Australian family
          Adolph William Albert was born on 20th October,1858.

Comment

where did the information for his birth date come from? his headstone? i'm afraid there isn't anything online for berlin, apart from directories in the 19th century. i have an ancestor from berlin, at the moment i have a researcher based and experienced in berlin looking in to it. would you like me to give you his email address and website?

Comment

Working...
            X