Mouse wont open some links ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse wont open some links ?

Been having a few problems ,when I click on say an email link it wont open, also when I used to click on an ancestry image I could scroll with the mouse up or down without having to go to the little arrows.
    Any ideas whats happened and how to fix it thanks .
    Last edited by Guest; 22-01-12, 16:24.

It's the sort of weird thing that can happen if you have something resting on the control key, or something like that!

But if it isn't something irritatingly simple like that, then it probably requires a techie answer.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

its so annoying Christine ,now having write the email address down instead of clicking on it to send, and not being able
      to move ancestry images around as I want them to.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        its so annoying Christine ,now having write the email address down instead of clicking on it to send, and not being able
        to move ancestry images around as I want them to.
        Any chance it will clear with a shut-down and start? (This can be more effective than a Restart without actually closing down.)

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

tried that thanks it wont work, it must be an IE problem as its fine on Firefox, off to bed now shall have another go tomorrow.

Comment

Have you tried cleaning its bottom??? (the mouse, that is!)

I had mouse trouble a while ago and had to get a new one in the end. I think the old one was worn out!

Anne

Comment

ooh never cleaned a Mouse's bottom will try that thanks

Comment

ooh never cleaned a Mouse's bottom will try that thanks
                I'd forgotten about that possibility. If it's got any mechanical bits, they can easily get clogged with grease/fluff/crumbs.

Christine

Comment

I tried cleaning it , but its still the same ? and am still having problems with Flashplayer wonder if its connected ?

Comment

I tried cleaning it , but its still the same ? and am still having problems with Flashplayer wonder if its connected ?
                    have you got any updates to do Val? for flashplayer etc? it might be that you need to check.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie did install flash player 11 and it really messed this up was trying to uninstall that version and reinstall 10.2 but not having much luck.
                      Now have to start getting ready to go out so shall try again later.

Comment

Working...
                      X