1911 help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 help please

I've found Mr J Fereday living at 41 Perowne Street, Aldershot in the 1911 census summary book for Surrey ... Aldershot ... district 4 (this is the same address as 1901 so I know it must be the right family)

but unable to locate him (yet) amongst the 855 pages of images for the above district

any suggestions on how to find the Fereday family appreciated.

Thanks
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

FindMyPast has the following details for Joseph Fereday: RG number:RG14 Piece:3114Reference:RG14PN3114 RG78PN113 RD34 SD2 ED5 SN51 In Aldershot

You can also get quite a lot of information for free by searching on http://www.1911census.co.uk/

Kirsty

Kirsty - I have edited this post as we do not allow direct copying and pasting from any site due to copyright laws. Also, please remember that one the terms and conditions of using Findmypast is that you only do lookups for yourself.

Barbara
    Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 21-01-12, 11:02.

Comment

Thanks Kirsty .... bl**dy Ancestry, it's listed as district 4 !!!!~*~**!!

I've spent the last couple of hours going back and forth through district 4 trying to track down the address.

Thanks ever so much ... it took less than a minute to find them - with the right info.... I wanted to find out what additional children they had since 1901.

Comment

Seems to be recorded under District 5 on Ancestry.

When you are searching for an image, providing you can get to the images of the registration district then all you need to do is double the household schedule number, in this case 51 - doubled to 102 - and go to that page. You may have to scroll back or forth one or two pages but you should be approximately in the right place.
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          When you are searching for an image, providing you can get to the images of the registration district then all you need to do is double the household schedule number, in this case 51 - doubled to 102 - and go to that page. You may have to scroll back or forth one or two pages but you should be approximately in the right place.
          Hi Elaine - I used your strategy but unfortunately due to incorrect info on Ancestry I was trying to find them in district 4 and spent more than two hours trawling back and forth trying to find Perowne Street.

Having established (from an alternative census site) that the info I was looking for was in fact in district 5 and not 4, your system worked very well and the Fereday family were speedily located!

Sooooooooooooo much time is lost searching unnecessarily due to transcription errors etc

Comment

Working...
          X