• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you put in the born box

I am looking for Annie Rose born 1886 Boston Suffolk Massachusetts
    Here she is in 1901

Cannot find her after that

Been trying without using her surname in case she married between then and 1911 but not sure what to put in the born bit ?

Tried Boston and of course got Boston in Lincs
    Tried Massachusettes but of course if spelt wrong it wont show
    Tried Mexico as per 1901 Census but I do know its Massachusetts.

Any suggestions please
    Last edited by Guest; 20-01-12, 21:58.

what type of Ancestry Sub have you got Val.. is it a WW one? if so you can set it to search Usa only
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

and its Massachusetts :smilee: (the spelling I mean,).. though on the 1901 it does state she is a BS..
      Julie

Comment

ignore me!! I read the post wrong... sorry!
        Julie

Comment

eh what ??? she was supposed to be born in Mexico but I have her birth information ,hadn't thought to try it on ancestry been trying on fmp off to try that now thanks

Comment

how do you do that for 1911 Julie it wont narrow it down

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              how do you do that for 1911 Julie it wont narrow it down
              I have no idea. I thought you was looking for her earlier to determine her parentage, not her marriage.. duh! lol she'd be what 25 by the 1911 so highly likely she did marry.
              Julie

Comment

Her Father was ????????????? thats right one of my Guttentags blasted family . Thanks Julie, she is with her Grandfather in 1901 Parents no idea where ?

Comment

I had a look at some likely marriages.

There's one in 1905. From the 1911 it's clear that Harry Albert JARVIS, married Sarah Jane M(aud) PEREIRA.
                  That leaves a marriage for Annie ROSE to Charles GOLDING. That Annie appears with her widowed mother, Phoebe, in Tonbridge, Kent. Annie, like all the other children, is described as born in Tonbridge. She's with her parents in 1891 - still in Tunbridge - and a servant in a Tonbridge household in 1901, so it looks as if that one is ruled out.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

oh, so Mark isnt her uncle then?
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      oh, so Mark isnt her uncle then?
                      I wondered that, too!

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Theres a few annie roses coming into england from the usa with roughly her year of birth. Could she have returned to the states for a while?

I does say she is a neice on that census =not sure if it says mexico or not but it dittos that she is an english subject? Anything on NA?
                        Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 20-01-12, 23:15.

Comment

Thanks everyone, Mark is really Abraham my Great Great Grandfather
                          John and Minnie are his children and
                          Annie was the Daughter of his other Son ,Hyam David Guttentag and Rebecca Guttentag nee Cohen she died in Massachusetts in 1890.

Annie was sent back to England in 1894 .

This Annie had a Sister Miriam born 1883 in Stoke Newington cant find her anywhere after her Birth Reg not here nor in Massachusetts.
                          Last edited by Guest; 21-01-12, 00:19.

Comment

y'know it never fails to surprise me just how complicated your tree is Val, am sure that someone with much less stamina would have given up by now, but you are like a dog with a bone, you just don't give up.. (which isnt a bad thing!!)

I wonder if Miriam had another name?
                            Julie

Comment

That did make me chuckle Julie not laughed so much for over a week , I am definitely like a dog with a bone cant give up wont give up.
                              You just maybe answered one of my posers That Daughter Miriam could be called Minnie as Aunt Minnie on that 1901 Census is Miriam ?
                              I have done really well on this lot considering the lies they told and the name changes .
                              Thanks again

Comment

That did make me chuckle Julie not laughed so much for over a week , I am definitely like a dog with a bone cant give up wont give up.
                                You just maybe answered one of my posers That Daughter Miriam could be called Minnie as Aunt Minnie on that 1901 Census is Miriam ?
                                I have done really well on this lot considering the lies they told and the name changes .
                                Thanks again
                                I just say it like it is Val.. :smilee: you always seem to find 'someone' to look into, I wish I could get motivated the same way!

and it is possible that Minnie could be Miriam, do they share the same YOB?
                                Julie

Comment

got so many minnies fed up with them all, but I shall win I shall, unless of course I die first.:D

Comment

got so many minnies fed up with them all, but I shall win I shall, unless of course I die first.:D
                                    nah, you'll get there hun :smilee:
                                    Julie

Comment

Working...
                                    X