Mutton In Brighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutton In Brighton

Can any one help, I am trying to find a link between Richard Mutton Birth 1807 ish in Thakeham Sussex, Married to Louuisea Jeffery in 1835 Brighton Sussex. his death was in 1893 in Brighton Sussex, And Thomas Mutton Birth 1770 (dad), Married to Mary Sexton 1799 Fishbourne Sussex. Or William Sexton Mutton Birth 1800 (brother i think) Heath Common Sussex, his death was in 1868 in Lewes Sussex, Married to Sarah Hill in 1828 ?

Hello Daz,

what is it you are trying to find exactly? your post seems a little muddled (to me anyway, but that isnt difficult!) :smilee:

is it that you are trying to see if all the MUTTONS are connected/family members?

do you subscribe to Ancestry/FMP?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Welcome to FTF. I'm a bit confused too as to what you already have and what you are now looking for.

Is it that you think Thomas Mutton b1770 may be the father of Richard Mutton?

If so you will need to find Richard's baptism or even his marriage record to see who his father is.

Margaret

Comment

Marriage record for Richard and Louisa here https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NXWP-8YD but no father's name given.
        Margaret

Comment

Here's the baptism for William Sexton Mutton https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J3GX-DBD

I suggest you have a look on that site for the records covering the year Richard was born as it is most likely they used the same church for all their children.

Margaret

Comment

Demo Daz and I work together and he has been trying to link his ancestor Richard Mutton to William Sexton Mutton as he has been told they were related. William had an adult baptism just before marriage (abode Thakeham, parents were Thomas & Mary).

I've advised him to take a look at the microfiches for Thakeham at Worthing Library. I'm just going off to work now and will chat to him in person!

Comment

Sounds like the best idea as nothing is coming up online that is of help.
              Margaret

Comment

Thanks for all your help, i think i will take a day of work and go to worthing and have a look at the microfiches,

Comment

You do know that the Sussex FH Group has a searchable online database available to members? http://www.sfhg.org.uk/

Having said that, I did have a quick look and didn't spot anything relevant there... yet.

Christine
                  Last edited by Christine in Herts; 20-01-12, 17:29.
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've been looking there too, no Thakeham baptisms as few have been transcribed and none for the period Demo Daz is interested in.

Comment

Working...
                    X