Dorset Electoral Registers .. on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorset Electoral Registers .. on Ancestry

I know there was great excitement when the London Electoral Registers went on Ancestry - but for those with Dorset ancestors did you know they have now added some for Dorset!

That'll keep me busy tonight!
    Elaine

Elaine,
    Are there new or more being added, as they have been there for quite a while now - matter of about at least 3 months. Have had

a troll through them. About the same time I found that the Chardstock BDM's (formerly Dorset) were on line (not on ancestry but a free site). Had been

waiting for years for those. Can't remember the url but got them through googling Chardstock bdms
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

I knew about the Dorset PR collection which have been there for a while but hadn't noticed the Electoral Registers until today.
      As they are showing in the Ancestry "What's New" listing I presumed they were a new addition.

Not particularly easy to search because they have divided Dorset into north, south, east and west - so you need to open the image to see which village/town each entry refers to.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks for highlighting this one as I had not noticed the Dorset Electoral Rolls on Ancestryso will have a peek at that tomorrow.

Janet

Comment

Working...
        X