Can anyone find a marriage for Alfred Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find a marriage for Alfred Page

Hi Everyone, if anyone has some spare time I'd be grateful if you could find a marriage record for me, I've tried but got no where! :(

Alfred Page (born approx 1857) married a Mary ?? in 1884 or 1885, from the information given on the 1911 census. She was born in Derby, and they had all their children there, his place of birth changes but seems to be in Staffordshire.

I've also found him on the 1891 census as Alfred, but he's George on the 1901 census, but can't find a marriage for any combination.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated

Bev

what is the reference for the 1911 where you have found them please?

Margaret

Comment

What about this in 1883

Martha Adams Oct-Nov-Dec 1883 Derby Derbyshire
      Mary Adams Oct-Nov-Dec 1883 Derby Derbyshire
      Mary Hulland Oct-Nov-Dec 1883 Derby Derbyshire
      Alfred Page Oct-Nov-Dec 1883 Derby Derbyshire
      William Pegg Oct-Nov-Dec 1883 Derby Derbyshire

Comment

Hi Margaret
        Thanks for looking, this is the 1911 Reference: RG14PN20851 RG78PN1245 RD434 SD5 ED1 SN63

I did see that marriage, but they had been married for 26 years in 1911 so thought it was a bit too early, although its the closest so far

Comment

Could you get one of the children's birth certificates to show Mary's surname so you could be sure?

Personally it looks very likely and if it was me I'd buy the cert as there's nothing else around the time and the only alternative is that they didn't marry at all.
          Margaret

Comment

Thanks Margaret, will probably do that to be sure

Comment

In the 1901 census he is listed as George Page and not Alfred so you could try searching with that name?
              Lauren =)

Comment

Originally posted by Bev Nicholes View Post
                Hi Margaret
                Thanks for looking, this is the 1911 Reference: RG14PN20851 RG78PN1245 RD434 SD5 ED1 SN63

I did see that marriage, but they had been married for 26 years in 1911 so thought it was a bit too early, although its the closest so far
                I would say Margaret is probably right ? after all how many men know how long they have been married ? and if Mr Page was responsible for saying 26 years well?????? plus its not much out .

Comment

Hi
                  I have PAGEs from Warwickshire, so not related. But I found them in the census' under PAYE and PUGH - PAYE being just a mistranscription, but I don't know about the PUGH - it definitely does look like that on the original, but then he was a boarder, so maybe the landlord didn' really know.
                  Diane
                  Sydney Australia
                  Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
                  X