Original lists of emigrants to America and W Indies 1600-1700 online book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original lists of emigrants to America and W Indies 1600-1700 online book

'The original lists of persons of quality; emigrants; religious exiles; political rebels; serving men sold for a term of years; apprentices; children stolen; maidens pressed; and others who went from Great Britain to the American Plantations, 1600-1700

with their ages and the names of the ships in which they embarked, and other interesting particulars; from mss. preserved in the State Paper Department of Her Majesty's Public Record Office, England. Published 1874 by Hotten in London. By John Camden Hotten'

Thought this Internet Archives online book would be of interest - includes the Mayflower and subsequent ships of emigrants as well as those going to the W Indies etc.

I find the Internet Archives book better to read in the original form online although it takes a minute for pages to upload when magnified. I've downloaded a few of their books onto my pc Kindle and lots of errors. Also find the search facility for names isn't reliable so if no results, best to scan through the document yourself.

Mods: Could you put this in our Ref Library, if not already there, thanks .

http://www.archive.org/stream/origin...ge/n1/mode/1up

The above book was listed in Vol 1 History of Antigua as one of the works consulted (late 1880s). The whole list might be of interest and can be found on p14 - some of these might be available on line as the above is:

http://www.archive.org/stream/histor...e/n13/mode/1up
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 13-01-12, 08:32.
    Liz

A Fantastic find, No work done here with my day as I have been reading through this book and lots of interesting things to read

Edna

Comment

C - glad it was of use to you.

Any mods about? Where would the best place in the Library be to put this link for members to see? Thanks.

Added: Thanks Julie for adding it to Ref section.
      Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 14-01-12, 12:54.
      Liz

Comment

Working...
      X