Gibson Wolverhampton Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Wolverhampton Records

I have been searching for ages for Mary and David Gibson, I have their marriage certificate dated Jan 1869, but could find nothing for them after that. I happened to see a death for David age 23 in 1870, but nothing for Mary in any record. The penny finally dropped that she may have died before David, and sure enough there is a record for a Mary Gibson's death and burial on the 21st April 1869, age 30yrs. I am wondering if she may have died in childbirth. On FreeBMD along with Mary's record for the June quarter of 1869 there are 2 records for infants, a Carry Elizabeth Gibson and Jane Gibson, also a record for infant Emily Gibson in the Sept quarter. None of these names appear on the Wolverhampton on-line burial records, would they have been left off because they were only 0. Is it possible that someone could check the records to check Mary's death details to see if she did die in childbirth and if one of the babies named was hers. Thankyou. Moya

Welcome to the forum Moya

None of these names appear on the Wolverhampton on-line burial records, would they have been left off because they were only 0
    Not very likely I would think, they are only classed as '0' as they hadnt reached 1 year old thats all, maybe the records are not complete? the only sure fire way to confirm if Mary/David are yours would be to buy the death certificates, as for the children, have you looked for baptisms?

if you can give us a few more details then perhaps we can have a deeper look.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

You were probably just looking at the burials for St. Peter's, Wolverhampton.

Carry Elizabeth's burial is listed at Merridale Cemetery; her father was David, a tinplate worker from Oak Street:

Does that sound like your Mary's husband? Carry was 7 weeks old, so she was born about 3 weeks before Mary died.
      Last edited by Mary from Italy; 13-01-12, 17:26.

Comment

If David's the son of David and Matilda Gibson, then it looks as though Carry's his child.

In 1861 David was a tinplate worker, living with his brother Isaac in Wolverhampton, and in 1851 they were both living with their parents. Their father David was a boot and shoe maker.

Comment

Yes that is the correct one. David was recorded as living in Oak Street on the marriage certificate, and a tinplate worker. It's a sad outcome to all my research. Thankyou for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X