wdytya family tree maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wdytya family tree maker

Am I likely to encounter any problems when I get around to installing my who do you think you are family tree maker into our windows7? I think it is about a 2005 edition as I have been doing my tree for 8 years now. Just looked on the box and it says its the de luxe edition but couldnt find the date. Or is it time to buy a new one of those as well?

If it equates to the Family Tree Maker 2005 edition then you will encounter a problem!
    You can certainly get it to work with Vista by installing an additional patch but as far as I know it wont work with Windows 7, particularly if you have a 64 bit computer.
    Probably time to upgrade. Family Tree Maker 2012 is the current version - you will find it very different to FTM 2005 (WDYTYA version).

There are a few threads on her about best buys - if you want to get a freebie Ancestry subscription with it then FTM 2012 Platinum edition is your best bet - last time I looked it was £29.99 on Amazon which includes a six month free Ancestry sub (worth £53+). You can also buy the same thing using Tesco points - I think it costs £19.99
    Elaine

Comment

Okay Thanks Elaine. WE have installed it a couple of times in windows xp as we have had to wipe the machine due to various things and didnt have any trouble. Think ours is a 32 bit. All starts to get a bit technical for me. May have to wait till my birthday then......

Comment

The Wdtya version is the same as 2006. When I upgraded to windows7 32 bit on the PC and 64 bit on the laptop, I had to install the Vista patch before it worked properly on both.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

just had a look at family tree maker on amazon. There are different versions. Wonder what the world edition is all about as it is £78 compared to the platinum at £29.99 with 6 months ancestry subs...

Comment

just hope I can import my gedcom from my old one to a new one without much hassle

Comment

When you install the new program you should be able to open the old data file without any problem.
              There is generally no need to create a GEDCOM - it should just open the normal *.ftm format file.
              Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X