X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Electoral Rolls on ancestry

I expect everyone already knows, but I only just notice them. 1835-1965

Oh it may just be on world wide
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 11-01-12, 19:40.

That's brilliant, thanks very much. They were only added yesterday, apparently.

Comment

You should be able to view with UK Premium, but there seems to have been a few technical issues today with some people saying they cannot access them.
      Hopefully they are working on it.
      Elaine

Comment

How fascinating, I've just found one of my mystery men there: his qualifying property, owned jointly with numerous others, is what is now the offices of the Bank of India. He worked in the colonies for years, so it may well have been the same bank even then.

Comment

Linda alerted us to this this morning. http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...estry-exciting
          It's great, have just managed, by tracking his family through the years on the electoral roll, to pinpoint the year when my gt uncle died so I can find him on GRO death index. He had a very common first and surname so I had no chance of finding his death before.
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I wish I had more people in London, it's a fantastic resource.

Comment

I found my grandparents in Hackney, before they decamped a bit further east into what was at one time part of Essex. But I haven't been able to view the image yet.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Strange, the images are working fine for me.

Comment

Just tried again. no image, just a black image and a lock-up.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

How strange. You may find it works with a different browser.

Comment

I have absolutely no clue what London ancestors I have save for a few from the Goulson line that flitted off to Germany in the 1850's or 1860's?
                      Other than that there may be a few Hay family but it's a blank post 1823 and i;m not even sure if any lived that late or anything. Strange how some of my lines can only seem to cover a few generations yet others go much much further.
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
                      X