X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just gone on Ancestry.....exciting

London, England, Electoral Registers, 1835-1965

Linda

oooh that is good news for all those with London connections.. wonder if they will roll it out nationwide?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Wouldn't it be great.

I am so lucky in having nearly all my family in London in thelare 1800's and 1900's so am having a great time

Linda

Comment

it'd certainly help folks pin down their relatives, fingers crossed they do roll it out! and I hope you have some success Linda :smilee:
        Julie

Comment

Having been born in London this is fascinating. Looking at the road I was born in 1946 and recognizing so many names. Mum and Dad didn't leave that address till 1980 so I know so many of them

Good Luck to everyone

Linda

Comment

Just gone on Ancestry, done a search, found what I was looking for but when I clicked on image I was taken to Ancestry.com and needed to subscribe?

Is this facility not available for Ancestry.co.uk? I do not have worldwide subs, just the Premium one. Could this be the reason I cannot view the page?

Lesley

Comment

Oooh, is this the place to ask if someone could check those for my elusive Coulls on the electoral rolls before 1851? Can't trace them in 1841.

Am looking for:

Thomas Coull (he died around 1835) bookseller. In the early 1830s, when his children were bap at St Martin-in-the-Fields, Westminster, london, he was living in that area too.

Wife: Caroline (k/a Emily) b1810 Surrey
              Son: Thomas b1829
              Son: William b1831
              Son: Francis James (Frank) b1834.

Let me know if I should put this as a separate request thread on Research...many thanks.
              Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 11-01-12, 09:48.
              Liz

Comment

I also tried to do a search and it sent me to subscribe for Ancestry.com.

I'm on Ancestry .Co.Uk I've Premium subs.

Surely you wouldn't have to have Worldwide subs for London Electoral rolls.

June

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post
                  Just gone on Ancestry, done a search, found what I was looking for but when I clicked on image I was taken to Ancestry.com and needed to subscribe?

Is this facility not available for Ancestry.co.uk? I do not have worldwide subs, just the Premium one. Could this be the reason I cannot view the page?

Lesley
                  not sure Lesley, I can see them on co.uk (but I do have ww subs)
                  Julie

Comment

I only have the uk subs, not the WW one and I just found my GG Grandfather. Viewed image OK.

Not that it tells me any more than I already knew.
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I have UK Premium subs and can view the images. Having said that, its causing Internet Explorer to freeze so I tried it in Google Chrome and the images are fine
                      Jackie

Comment

I can't quite work out how to use it. I know nothing about London districts/ electoral wards etc and the people I'm looking for have a very common surname (and no middle name), so other than trawling through pages and pages of stuff, I'm a bit stuck.

Say, I was looking for a Nellie Davies*, who I know was living in Alderbrook Road, Balham in 1953. How would I go about refining the search to get to her in the years after 1953, please?

Thanks
                        STG

* b. abt 1890, so long gone from this world
                        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Hmmmm. Can't get IE to open the images. I'll have a look later.

Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                            Hmmmm. Can't get IE to open the images. I'll have a look later.

Anne
                            Whereas I can see plenty of images, I just can't see the ones I'm looking for!

STG

Comment

I think they are having a few problems. There is a mention on Facebook that people are gettting "no longer available" messages!
                              Elaine

Comment

I've been on all morning and having a whale of a time..no problems...yet!!

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post

Lesley
                                  I get the same - I have world wide membership but it takes me to .com
                                  herky
                                  Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
                                    I've been on all morning and having a whale of a time..no problems...yet!!

Linda
                                    So how do you do it, please?

If I know the name - Nellie Davies - and the address - 21 Alderbrook Road, Balham - why can't I find her?

Please take pity on me somebody. Pretty please.

STG

Comment

STG - do you have some dates when you think Nellie might be at that address?
                                      Any other names in the household?
                                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                        STG - do you have some dates when you think Nellie might be at that address?
                                        Any other names in the household?
                                        I know she was there in 1951 with Betty and Peggy Davies, Gladys and Frederick C Plumber, Hilda and Cyril Mitchell - quite a lot of adults for a small house!

STG

Comment

Working...
                                        X