Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to locate a street from 1901

1901 census ref;
    Class: RG13; Piece: 3065; Folio: 30; Page: 13.

Sparrow Lane, St Swithins, Lincoln, Lincs (may also be spelt as St Swithens).

Can anyone check the description or the adjacent street names please, I would like to place this street and it no longer exists as far as I can tell.

Thanks

Added

Think I have found it in historic directories, Baggholme Road and Montague Street area
    Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 10-01-12, 17:37.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Enumeration district details:
    On the North by the centres of Saltergate , St.Rumbolds and Croft St. On the East by the Baggeholme (?) Road.On the South by the River Witham, and on the West by the Parish of St. Peter at Arches(?)
    Croft St (South side) Montague St from Croft Street to Waterside, Coningsby St & Sparrow Lane, Beehive Court, Waterside North to Witham Street, Jacksons Passage, St Swithins Square & Passage, Thorngate & Cottages, Sherrfis and City Courts, Corporation Lane Bells & Winns Passages & Fishermans Court, Rosemary Lane from Croft Street to Waterside, Brook Street, Rumbold Street and Saltergate (south side) & Broadgate from St. Rumbolds Street to Waterside, Magpies Square and all Courts & Passages.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, that confirms it for me.

Spooky but it's the one part of Lincoln that used to give me the chills when I went there, and going by the street names from certs and burials there aren't many streets there that don't have a connection to my lot in some way or other.

A lot of terraced houses in the area and many of them, along with the courts and passages were taken down in the slum clearances, now the area has two and three storey flats I used to deliver to at one point, another strange tale of following my tree long before I started it.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
      X