What's wrong with this family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with this family?

Taken from here. Obviously someone's been looking at the incorrect trees on Ancestry.
    William Bruce (son of James Bruce and Elizabeth Henderson) was born 23 Dec 1796 in Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland, and died 28 Jul 1871 in Newburn St, West Hartlepool, Durham, England. He married Rosamund Gardner on 22 Sep 1785 in Easton Neston, daughter of John Gardner and Jane.

More About William Bruce and Rosamund Gardner:
    Marriage: 22 Sep 1785, Easton Neston.

Children of William Bruce and Rosamund Gardner are:
    1. +John Bruce, d. date unknown.
    Can you see the problem? I have spent the last 4 years trying to escape this error.... have told numerous people that they have their facts wrong yet the same tree is still circulating and the information is still wrong!!!!

lol!! dont you just LOVE it!

I think that you can lead a horse to water, BUT, you can't make it drink!

as long as you have the correct info, eventually someone will 'click' and make the connection (or NOT)..

maybe these wrong trees are a lure? to get you to cough up the correct info?

I do see what you are saying though, beggars belief that folks can just leave misinformation out there!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Ha! They don't teach maths like they used to do!!!

Unfortuntely there's not much you can do about other people's incorrect trees. In my experience they rarely take any notice! Just sit back smugly and know you, most likely, have it correct!

Anne

Comment

Not only that, but most gen software will point out the error - on Ancestry you actually must click a button to override the error.

Comment

It's sooo frustrating, I fell into the trap when I used Ancestry, it all looked likely... then the dates jumped out at me... My auntie has the above in her tree also. :( It's still not been corrected.

Hmmm... ah well.... one day someone will realise... lol

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
            Not only that, but most gen software will point out the error - on Ancestry you actually must click a button to override the error.
            FTM also warns if a mother is over 50 (ISTR) or if father is dead when entering d.o.b. of a child.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

i've had some luck. i guess the ones just collecting names don't care, but anyone seriously researching will change it.

Comment

Working...
              X