marriage for living relative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage for living relative

hi there could someone look up on ancestry a marriage for me please also a birth but it is for a living person, i have found the marriage but cant access it, thanks very much

Send me a PM with the details and I'll see what I can find for you.
    Margaret

Comment

Don't forget that, if it's far enough ago, it might be on FreeBMD - and that there are some very recent records transcribed on the local District sites (http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/local_bmd). In neither case is coverage complete, though.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

The marriage has been found but a birth record is needed that cannot be found for a woman and her sister.

Margaret

Comment

Do we know whether the local sites might be any use?

Otherwise, is there any point in my having a go? You could send me a PM if you would like me to try.

Chrisitne
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Seems the births could have been abroad and certainly one name is so unusual that not finding it indicates that.

Not much more can be done I don't think.
            Margaret

Comment

Would they be on the British born abroad indexes that appear on FMP?

Or could there be any newspaper announcements? Sometimes UK papers pick up foreign announcements, when the people have British connections, and there are also a number of overseas newspaper sites these days.

Christine

Comment

I suppose you've already done this....but....have you googled?

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                  Would they be on the British born abroad indexes that appear on FMP?

Or could there be any newspaper announcements? Sometimes UK papers pick up foreign announcements, when the people have British connections, and there are also a number of overseas newspaper sites these days.

Christine
                  We have found one person on Friends Reunited and an address on the ER for 2003.

The births were probably in South Africa 1973-1985 if anyone has any tips for searching there.
                  Margaret

Comment

Not sure what tips there are in the FTF Reference Library, but I have these two in my favourites:

http://ancestry24.com/where-to-start...to-ancestry24/ ~Largest South African genealogy database online
                    http://www.family-history.co.za/ ~ CAPE TOWN FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY

Christine

Comment

Sorry i had the wrong person i think karen

Comment

Originally posted by kartrix View Post
                        Sorry i had the wrong person i think karen
                        Oh do you mean the K**** person?

Margaret

Comment

hi sorry im confused a bit, maybe kiersti was born abroad if she cant be found here

Comment

Originally posted by kartrix View Post
                            hi sorry im confused a bit, maybe k****** was born abroad if she cant be found here
                            That's the most likely explanation if you know the family was abroad at some point - her name is unusual unless the spelling is wrong. We have th parents names and that is not bringing anything up for either of the people you were looking for.
                            Margaret

EDIT: removed detail of possibly-living name from quote. (Christine)
                            Last edited by Christine in Herts; 13-01-12, 18:21.

Comment

Working...
                            X