Samuel Law Montgomery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Law Montgomery

Samuel Law Montgomery Gt Grandfather to Viscount Bernard Law Montgomery. Can anyone tell me where to find the names of any offspring, other than Sir Robert Montgomery? Happy New Year to you all.

Not sure if this link is going to work -
    The "Visitation of Ireland" is a collection of Irish pedigrees containing such information as was included in the Herald's Visitations of the 16th and 17th centuries.The pedigrees begin, as was customary in the older Visitations, with the grandparents of the representative of the family and certain notices of all descendants, giving thus, in many cases, a complete record of five or more generations. Each pedigree is worked out with meticulous detail and each is authoritative. Several thousand connections and collateral descendants are cited in the 150 pedigrees contained in this one volume, which must be reckoned the only collection of Irish pedigrees now in print.

Looking at pages 25 and 26 it appears that Robert Thomason Montgomery had three children, Robert (b1809), Mary Susan (b1811) and James (b1818)

There are quite a lot of references in Google books - you may find more information if you search further.
    Elaine

Comment

Previous thread to avoid duplication:

Questions, answers and general information about your family history research.

Comment

Elaine and Mary, thank you for this information, I am very sorry for my bad question. What I would love to know is there anymore children from Samuel Law MONTGOMERY who married Susan Marie McCLINTOCK. County Donegal Ireland

Comment

According to the link I gave you Samuel Law MONTGOMERY and Susan Marie McCLINTOCK had three children, Samuel (c1805), Charlotte (c1806) and Anne (c1808).
          Searching Google books may bring up other references - apart from that I've no other suggestions - researching Ireland in the early 1800s doesn't seem that easy!
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X