Brick Wall re:Abraham Bunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick Wall re:Abraham Bunting

Abraham Bunting my husbands Gt Gt Grandfather Occ.( Joiner)Can I find him? No, I have been trying for a long time.

We only know that he was named as the father of Thomas Bunting 20 (Iron dresser) on his marriage cert.
    Thomas Bunting married 19th May 1861 at St Mary's Chapel (Catholic) Manchester to Margaret Connor 18 (Frame Tenter)Father: Peter Connor

We don't know Thomas' mothers name or know if he had any siblings.

Thomas & Mary lived in Hulme,Manchester where they had Mary Ann 1862 & William Thomas 1863.

Thomas died 26.Nov 1867 age 25

Because I cannot find Abraham Bunting I cannot go any further with this line.

Any help appreciated

Betty
    ​Bettyespana

do you have thomas' birth?

Comment

Hi Betty,

Some one on ancestry has a tree which suggest that Thomas was born in Stockport Cheshire - no parents are given. However, there is a birth registration for Thomas Bunting born 1841 3rd quarter. It might be worth ordering this certificate as this will give the names of Thomas's parents.

Sandra

Comment

what was thomas' address in 1861? he should be somewhere on the census, and then you might get a place of birth.

Comment

might not help either way, but is abraham deceased or alive on the cert?

Comment

Betty

do the witness' names on the marriage cert hold any clues at all?
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Abraham Bunting

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
              do you have thomas' birth?

No I don't have Thomas'birth.Just an approximate going off the date of his marriage.
              ​Bettyespana

Comment

On the cert Abraham is alive
                ​Bettyespana

Comment

Abraham Bunting

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                  Betty

do the witness' names on the marriage cert hold any clues at all?

The witnesses are named as Roger G? Connor(possible relative of Margaret) & Mary Moran X
                  So that is of no help really.
                  ​Bettyespana

Comment

The address on the marriage cert at time of marriage in 1861 looks like 15 Newberry St,Water St Manchester.However,looking at old maps it may be Mulberry St.
                    Then in 1863 the family lived at 1 Ebenezer St Hulme.When Thomas died 1867 the address on the cert was 7 Watson St Hulme,Manchester.
                    ​Bettyespana

Comment

did they marry in church Betty? I'm wondering if the banns would say which parish Thomas was from.
                      Julie

Comment

Originally posted by bettyespana View Post
                        The address on the marriage cert at time of marriage in 1861 looks like 15 Newberry St,Water St Manchester.However,looking at old maps it may be Mulberry St.
                        Then in 1863 the family lived at 1 Ebenezer St Hulme.When Thomas died 1867 the address on the cert was 7 Watson St Hulme,Manchester.
                        If you are right about the address being 15 Mulberry St then he wasn't there in 1861 (census) about 6 weeks before he was married. Occupants were Asaph Shaw & family.
                        Moggie

Comment

Thank you for that Moggie.It is very obscure on the cert & looks to be Newberry St but someone had an old map of Manchester & said there was not a street of that name around Water St.Only Mulberry St! I don't know where to go from here now.
                          Margaret Connor also lived in the same street & I can't make out if it is the same number
                          ​Bettyespana

Comment

It was St Mary's Catholic Chapel.Manchester where they married.Where would I find out about the Banns
                            ​Bettyespana

Comment

I've found Margaret in 1861 age 17 frame tenter born Ireland.
                              A boarder with William Dodd at 25 Lloyd St Hulme.
                              Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                                I've found Margaret in 1861 age 17 frame tenter born Ireland.
                                A boarder with William Dodd at 25 Lloyd St Hulme.
                                Moggie
                                Thank you for this information,it really looks as though the Hulme area was significant to this family.
                                You won't believe this but I have just googled St Mary's Catholic Chapel Manchester where Thomas & Margaret got married & it is actually on Mulberry St according to the location map.The church is Manchester's Hidden Gem & I know that I visited it many years ago.
                                ​Bettyespana

Comment

Originally posted by bettyespana View Post
                                  It was St Mary's Catholic Chapel.Manchester where they married.Where would I find out about the Banns
                                  not sure, maybe some Archives in Manchester? I know that some record offices have the Banns books on microfiche as I have seen them in Leicester RO.
                                  Julie

Comment

Not wishing to cast a shadow, but I doubt if you will find any Catholic Banns books in any county record office. I think you would need to approach the church direct.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                      Not wishing to cast a shadow, but I doubt if you will find any Catholic Banns books in any county record office. I think you would need to approach the church direct.

OC
                                      Well I will have a look at the church site again & see if there is a point of communication.Not so easy from here in Spain.Thank you anyway for your advice.
                                      Last edited by Darksecretz; 06-01-12, 15:41. Reason: making quote work. :)
                                      ​Bettyespana

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                        Not wishing to cast a shadow, but I doubt if you will find any Catholic Banns books in any county record office. I think you would need to approach the church direct. OC

noo none needed OC, I was thinking it was a regular marriage.. oops!
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X