grandfather's siblings who died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grandfather's siblings who died

I found that the 3 children born before my grandfather(but after my great grandparents first 6 children) died in infancy.They were Ernest Beddows who died OND1891 and twins Ralph and Alice Beddows who died OND 1892. I was trying to work out how old they were when they died but can't find any of them on Lancashire online parish clerk so I also don't know where they are buried. Any one point me in the right direction ? I had a note from another family member from many years ago who wrote that Ernest was 5 weeks old but I don't think that can be right as he was baptised in the 2nd quarter of the year but died in the last.
    Hoping for a bit of help

thanks
    Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

FreeBMD has Ralph and Alice Beddows born Bolton AMJ 1892 and Ernest Beddows born Bolton AMJ 1891
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

thanks Judith so maybe Ernest was 5 months old not 5 weeks. I can't find any of the 3 on The national burial index even though I don't have a sub to find my past I thought I might find their burials and maybe ages ??

Liz

Comment

In case it matters there are several BEDDOWS deaths in the sub-district Little Bolton 1890-1892, according to LancsBMD:
        1890 ~ Sidney, aged 4
        1891 ~ Elizabeth, aged 0
        1891 ~ Ernest, aged 0
        1891 ~ Ralph, aged 0
        1892 ~ Alice, aged 0
        1892 ~ Ralph, aged 0

Unfortunately, they haven't transcribed the related births for that period yet.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine
          only Ernest and the twins,Ralph and Alice(1892) are mine.

Liz

Comment

if you buy one of the death certs this will give you possibly an address to work from, then it would be a matter of emailing/phoning the relevant council to see if they could do a cemetery search for the children, (I would think that the twins would be buried together)

do you have an address at all Liz? (maybe from the census)?
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie
              yes I wondered how close together the twins' deaths were; did they die on the same day or within days of each other? They weren't newborns but probably about 4 or 5 months old so why did both die?I know I can only get this info by buying the death certs but I can't help speculating!
              The address of the Beddows family at the time all 3 children were born and then died was 58 Wolfenden Street Bolton Lancashire. Do you think that's enough for a cemetery search ? I realize they may not have a grave stone of their own but their grandfather,Ralph Beddows had died in 1887 so they could be with him ?Their other grandfather Robinson Holden had also already died in 1870.

Liz

Comment

I dont see why not, you have an exact address, does the road still exist today? I would look for cemeteries that are near to the address and then contact Bolton Council.. see if they can do a cemetery search.

ahhh wolfenden st, still exists, there is a cemetery nearby, Astley Bridge

have a look here

if you look at the left hand nav panel, you will see that they do perform searches, they will do these via e-mail, post and phone. so this looks like a good bet to me. :smilee:
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie
                  I'll look at that.

Liz

Comment

Working...
                  X