No announcement yet.

Anyone Researching The Calvert Family ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Researching The Calvert Family ?

Hi, Is anyone researching the Calvert family, from Scotland and Ireland? Andrew Calvert was killed whilst unloading a ship at Ardrossan, in 1903 . His wife was Agnes McCreadie/McCready, I think that she was born Gateshead, England, and that he was born in Ireland, possibly Co. Down, any help appreciated, Regards Del.
    Researching, Clarke, Calvert, McDowell, McCreadie, Paton and Scott families, Scotland and Ireland, Ayto, Eato, Eatough family, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire.

Del, you can check out names that have been uploaded here on the Gedcom - look at the top of the page

Comment

Thanks Heather, still finding my way around at the moment!, Regards Del.
      Researching, Clarke, Calvert, McDowell, McCreadie, Paton and Scott families, Scotland and Ireland, Ayto, Eato, Eatough family, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire.

Comment

do you have any certs for england/ireland/scotland? scottish certs are very informative if you have rellies there from 1855 onwards.

Comment

I assume from his age at death (33) and where they are living that we are talking about this one in 1901 Del?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...1573415&recoff=
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

All the children apart from the last one appear to have been born in Ireland, so it looks as though they had only just moved to Scotland.

Comment

Can you tell us please Del why you think Agnes was born in Gateshead? The only births I can find from 1867 to 1875 are an Agnes Rodger McCready born in Liverpool in 1871 and an Agnes McCreadie born in Cardiff.
              In 1881 there are a few possible Agnes McCready listed 2 born London and one born Staffordshire. There is also an Agnes McCreadie born Scotland.
              Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 02-01-12, 10:53.

Comment

Hi Chrissie, I don't have ancestry, but Andrew was 33 when he was killed, so it is most likely him, Regards Del.

Comment

Yes Del, I saw there were two possibles married to Agnes but I checked the age at death on Scotlands people and his age and where he was living fit your description. The other Andrew was 2 years younger.

Comment

They have 4 children - Agnes 6 - Maria 4 and John 3 - all born Ireland and Hugh 1 born Scotland. Agnes just says 31 years old (the same as Andrew) born England.

Comment

Chrissie, I don't know where I got that information from, I was'nt very organised when I started looking for these people, I may have gone down the the wrong road. Regards Del.

Comment

That is them Chrissie, Maria is mistranscribed, she was Martha. Regards Del.

Comment

Do you know where they lived after Andrew died Del? Did any of them come to England?

Comment

That I don't know Chrissie, Agnes his widow died in 1924 in Ardrossan. I'm trying to find out where Andrew was born, Co. Down has been suggested, the informant on his death cert. was his brother Robert, from Belfast. Regards Del.

Comment

Sorry Del, I'm afraid I know nothing about Irish research. There are people on here who do though and I believe there is a good section to read about Irish research in our Reference Library (see above).

Comment

p.s. Perhaps it would be an idea to ask a moderator if Irish research could be added to the heading of this thread. That way it would be more likely to attract the experts.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie for trying to help, appreciate it, Regards Del.

Comment

You're welcome Del Good Luck

Comment

Thanks for reply Kylejustin, You are right, Scottish certificates are very informative. Regards Del.

Comment

Del did you see the latest reply on the above forum which gives information for you

Edna

Comment

Working...
                                        X