What happened to Ernest Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Ernest Armstrong

We have an Ernest Armstrong born in Penshaw, Co. Durham in 1902 on our family tree. He married a Gwendoline E.S. McGlaughlin in India in 1930 and they had two daughters (discovered so far). He spent a great deal of his life in the Army, but I just cannot find anything further about him, his wife or daughters.

Can anyone please help me with this brick wall. Thank you and seasons greetings to all who read this.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

There is a death for a Gwendoline E S Armstrong March qtr 1961 Salford Lancs 10F 775 - she was 65 so born circa 1896

Comment

Hello CaroleW - Many thanks for responding. I think I shall send for this death certificate just to see who reported the death. I have found the death of an Ernest Armstrong about the same age who died in Teesside in 1974. Looks like two certificates needed.

Many thanks for this information. May I wish you a happy and healthy 2012.

Kind regards
      Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

hello Linda,

as he spent some time in india, have you had a look at FIBIS at all?

FIBIS
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hello Julie and a happy new year. I didn't know about FIBIS. Many thanks for the link - I've had a quick look and will go back to study the web site in more depth.
          Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

you're very welcome Linda, hopefully the death cert will give you a few more clues too..

happy new year to you too
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

What is drawing you to the death for Ernest in Teeside Linda? There are other possibilities, one of them being in Lancashire (the same as his wife) in 1944 aged 42 in Ashton 8d 685. Do you know he was still alive by then?
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

p.s. There are other later possiblilities in Lancashire for Ernest death, especially if whoever registered the death got his birth one year out.
                I would definitely plump for the Gwendoline death first to find out what that says.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Hello Chris yes I think I shall go for Gwendoline's death certificate first. The only thing that draws me to Teesside is that its not far from PenshawSilksworth, Sunderland areas. I have no further information about any of them after the birth of their two girls.

Thanks you all for responding.
                  Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
                  X