FMP Australasia Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP Australasia Collection

If you've got FMP click on the Australasia Collection and you can get 24 hours free just by adding your name, address and email address, no card needed.

I had to use a different email addy to the one I already use on FMP.#

I bet you already all knew this lol

Happy New Year

Linda

Thanks, Linda, very useful to know (it confirmed that there's no point in my subscribing to the FMP Aus records at present).

Comment

Boo hoo! I can't find it. Do you have to be signed in or out? I can't see an Australia collection anywhere.

Anne

Comment

There should be a link at the bottom of the home page.

Anyway, you'll find it here: http://www.findmypast.com.au/

If you're already registered with FMP and want to use the free trial, you'll need to sign out and delete your FMP cookies (and maybe the cache), and sign in with a new address.

To be honest, I think these new records are very badly indexed.

If you search for Fred Bloggs you'll get loads of hits, but when you look at them, it brings up pages with either Fred or Bloggs, but not necessarily someone with that exact name.
        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 31-12-11, 11:11.

Comment

Thanks, Mary, I'll give it a go!
          Anne

Ahhhh! I see what you mean, Mary! I was intending to use it to collect more of my One Name study. Unfortunately the name is EAST. Therefore it comes up with East Brisbane, East Queensland etc, etc. This is even when I put the name into the surname search, which normally works well with an unusual surname.

The have just pdf-ed the documents and set the general pdf search onto them, not even taking letter case into account. Not very impressive!

Thanks very much anyway Linda for drawing attention to this. At least it will stop me hankering after it.

Anne
          Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 31-12-11, 11:30.

Comment

I must have been lucky, found GGGGGrandfather in Tasmania and GGGGUncle in Melbourne

Linda

Comment

Working...
            X