Where's Kate in 1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Kate in 1911?

According to info found on FamilySearch Kate is included within the 1911 census;

Kate Serimshire (should be Scrimshire)
    Place of Birth: Chrisr (Christ) Church, Hertford, Hertfordshire

.... she is NOT living with her parents - can anyone please locate her?

I've tried a variety of combinations to find her on Ancestry, but no success - can anyone please track her down and let me know how they found her. Thanks
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

It doesn't look as though Hertfordshire has been transcribed yet LL. In the search box if you click the county (where living) Hertfordshire doesn't come up.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thank goodness for that Chrissie .. I was beginning to question my search techniques .. lol

Why is it that census images have been transcribed by one 1911 info provider, and not Ancestry? Surely they take enough from world-wide subs to be able to pay for 1911 transcripts ?????

Now wondering if some kind person with alternative 'ancestry' facility for 1911 is able to locate her?

p.s. Elaine was able to find Kate's parents yesterday in 1911 census images

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...ord.ALL.06.672

Listed on Ancestry as Mr Servais Mies although census summary book reads Scrimshire !!!

Info found on FamilySearch;

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X7L9-RYR

Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 30-12-11, 16:57.

Comment

Ancestry are going to have all areas, it's just that they haven't finished yet.You can apparently find everything but it takes a lot of trawling, especially if you don't know the address they are at. Elaine seems to be very good at it - as she is at most things

Comment

hi again Chrissie - yes Elaine seems to have a knack for finding lost people!

It's very frustrating having to use the 1911 summary books first to find people on images ... hopefully Ancestry will have indexes completed VERY soon e.g. before subs run out!

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

You're welcome LL. I just had a look and discovered that area 6 is Christ Church. Firstly though, that's where she was born and she may not be living there. Secondly, it appears to have over 1000 pages and I have to get the tea now

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              You're welcome LL. I just had a look and discovered that area 6 is Christ Church. Firstly though, that's where she was born and she may not be living there. Secondly, it appears to have over 1000 pages and I have to get the tea now
              I've just been looking at it too! off now to eat too ... ttfn

Comment

She was a servant to Brettle Evans Jollands, living 15 Queens Rd Hertford.

Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
                  hi again Chrissie - yes Elaine seems to have a knack for finding lost people!

lol !!
                  I found that one yesterday by searching Ancestry summary books by address - fortunately they were at the same address as they were in 1901. Then with the information from the summary books you can find the image on Ancestry.
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                    She was a servant to Brettle Evans Jollands, living 15 Queens Rd Hertford.

Moggie
                    Thanks very much Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post

lol !!
                      I found that one yesterday by searching Ancestry summary books by address - fortunately they were at the same address as they were in 1901. Then with the information from the summary books you can find the image on Ancestry.
                      Thanks for yet another tip Elaine .. I can now see it's logical to search for last address (with fingers crossed) if name search unsuccessful.

Comment

Working...
                      X