Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

William Thomas Bond (Warfinger 1861-1869)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Thomas Bond (Warfinger 1861-1869)

Would like more information about William Thomas Bond a Warfinger from 1861 to 1869 in London employing 10 Men.

The wharfinger took custody of and was responsible for goods delivered to the wharf, typically had an office on the wharf or dock, and was responsible for day-to-day activity at the wharf.

Residence 1861 St Olave Hart Street, Middlesex England.
    Wife was Jane Ellen COLE.

In1873 he was Master of the Company Lighterman and Waterman.

In 1881 he was a Granary Keeper Warehouseman.

Would there be any Warfinger records from 1861 to 1869 in London.

Regards

You could try here

or this one does searches for a very small fee,or you could go to Guildhall

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 29-12-11, 07:51.

Comment

Thks Loopy,
      Yes I know all about the Guildhall,I have a bucket load Family records in the Guildhall.
      Can't get to them though, there not on line.

Nothing on Warfinger.

Thks

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Bond View Post
        Would like more information about William Thomas Bond a Warfinger from 1861 to 1869 in London employing 10 Men.

The wharfinger took custody of and was responsible for goods delivered to the wharf, typically had an office on the wharf or dock, and was responsible for day-to-day activity at the wharf.

Residence 1861 St Olave Hart Street, Middlesex England.
        Wife was Jane Ellen COLE.

In1873 he was Master of the Company Lighterman and Waterman.

In 1881 he was a Granary Keeper Warehouseman.

Would there be any Warfinger records from 1861 to 1869 in London.

Regards
        I am the a great grandson William Thomas Bond (1886 -1895) Family tradition has it that he became a wealthy man owning grain barges on the Thames, but he then ran into difficulties and lost most of his money. This seems to be confirmed by the fact that he moved from Bermondsey to affluent Bexley-heath, but then moved back to Bermondsey.

His widow had to take in 'young gentlemen' as lodgers. Two of which - my grandfather and his fellow Scottish friend - married daughters of the Bond family. There seems to have been a lot of variation between how well-off the Bond children were.

St Olave was the Church he attended rather than his residence.

While I do not have many Bond family documents, I do have the family Bible.

Regards,
        Neil Sinclair

Comment

Hello Neil and Welcome to the Forum,

If you click on Noel Bond's user name above it will give you the option to send him a Private Message, which he will receive if he is still using the same e mail address and still on line.
          Good Luck

Edna

Comment

Hi, Im in the same line too The Bonds married into the Acton family of Deptford/Rotherhithe.

Noel is often in touch with me - you can also contact him through ancestryco uk

St Olave is an area as well as the church by the way. Its also an area of Bermondsey where I was born. Do get in touch with Noel, the post you are replying to is several years old and Noel has produced a huge amount of info since then.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 27-05-15, 21:14.

Comment

Hi all its Noel here,
              Thankyou Neil Sinclair for you post reply.
              I would like to add you to my family tree if its ok by you, at Ancestry (Bond Family Deep Ancestry)
              William Thomas Bond (1827 - 1883) is my great grand uncle, love to share all my family records and info.
              I have updated a huge amount of information in the past 4 yrs since 1st posting.

I'm also at Facebook (Bond Family Deep Ancestry) and Web page (Bond Family Deep Ancestry)

Regards
              Noel

Comment

William Thomas Bond at Youtube.

Comment

Working...
                X